What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Vista Administrator Account (revealed)

Vista Administrator Account (revealed)
Author: Message:
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Vista Administrator Account (revealed)
quote:
Originally posted by kao
You can disable UAC in Control Panel > User Accounts aswell, don't need to use msconfig, JA ;p
Yes but msconfig is leeter. And once I install the OS, I install all the apps I need, then goto msconfig to clean up my startup, disable UAC then reboot.
Its all done in 1 reboot. One nice smooth flow so :P I have to goto msconfig anyway so might as well disable it from there while I'm there =p

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
quote:
Originally posted by wally
security
i'd call it annoying crap.
Who cares what you'd call it. Its meant for security. It is annoying is another point all together. Microsoft have accepted that the UAC system isn't exactly what they wanted it to be. I'm not a linux expert but I think MS was going with the root user system of linux. In linux, users have normal accessibility but when you login as root, you can do anything, kinda like opening a program in elevated mode. Else even though you're an admin, vista runs the app in normal user mode.
IMO that's fine. That is what it is supposed to do. If you hate that feature, I don't know what you think about linux :P What's irritating is the fact that it has to annoy you with requests for doing a small action multiple times. An action as simple as pasting a file in a folder under Program Files requires a single, sometimes multiple, authorisation(s). That's what's irritating to me.

quote:
Originally posted by Verte
As far as I see it, you upgrade to Vista for one or more of two reasons:
1. XP's default theme has strange side effects on you.
2. You NEED DirectseX 10.
You would need a DX10 compatible card for that and I must say, if you have that, you've spent a bit too much money anyway so might as well get vista :refuck: Seriously, a NVIDIA 8800 GTX is just too costly. Last I checked, all DX10 compatible cards were. So you really should be waiting.
Vista, imo is pretty good. I like Vista at release way way more than xp at release. If you have the hardware to run vista perfectly, you could give it a shot imo :P

quote:
Originally posted by Verte
Not to mention the time and effort you will save on NOT being a full time beta tester.
No operating system is perfect. Xp had way more bugs in the first 90 days (as shown by a Microsoft employee) than Vista. Vista isn't evil. I don't understand why people think it is :S
"My apps don't work :(" Well when you moved from Windows 98 (hopefully not ME :P) to XP, people said the same about their apps/games not being compatible. I still have quite a few games that don't work unless compatibility mode enabled. Those games are 8 or so years old. So? At xp's release, those games/apps were 2-3 years old. So why can't you expect vista to bitch about games/apps 2-3 year old games/apps? Tbh all you need is to update your game. A simple update patch does the trick and that too is rarely needed. I only needed it once out of all the games I have in my collection :)
If companies/creators are too lazy to update their applications/softwares/whatever then they are the ones that are responsible, not the operating system imo. For me, a developer is supposed to keep up with the change in the market and not the other way around.
These are my views and I may be wrong. Feel free to point out where I made mistakes :)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
04-23-2007 01:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Vista Administrator Account (revealed) - by Wally on 04-22-2007 at 05:35 AM
RE: Vista Administrator Account (revealed) - by Felu on 04-22-2007 at 05:48 AM
RE: Vista Administrator Account (revealed) - by John Anderton on 04-22-2007 at 05:51 AM
RE: Vista Administrator Account (revealed) - by Wally on 04-22-2007 at 05:52 AM
RE: Vista Administrator Account (revealed) - by John Anderton on 04-22-2007 at 05:58 AM
RE: Vista Administrator Account (revealed) - by Wally on 04-22-2007 at 06:04 AM
RE: Vista Administrator Account (revealed) - by M73A on 04-22-2007 at 08:15 AM
RE: RE: Vista Administrator Account (revealed) - by Verte on 04-22-2007 at 09:30 PM
RE: Vista Administrator Account (revealed) - by kao on 04-22-2007 at 08:19 AM
RE: Vista Administrator Account (revealed) - by Wally on 04-22-2007 at 08:25 AM
RE: Vista Administrator Account (revealed) - by vaccination on 04-22-2007 at 08:59 AM
RE: Vista Administrator Account (revealed) - by Wally on 04-22-2007 at 09:09 AM
RE: Vista Administrator Account (revealed) - by vaccination on 04-22-2007 at 09:13 AM
RE: Vista Administrator Account (revealed) - by Voldemort on 04-23-2007 at 01:50 AM
RE: RE: Vista Administrator Account (revealed) - by Wally on 04-23-2007 at 06:29 AM
RE: Vista Administrator Account (revealed) - by kezz on 04-23-2007 at 09:17 AM
RE: RE: Vista Administrator Account (revealed) - by Verte on 04-23-2007 at 01:04 PM
RE: Vista Administrator Account (revealed) - by John Anderton on 04-23-2007 at 01:55 PM
RE: RE: Vista Administrator Account (revealed) - by Verte on 04-23-2007 at 02:35 PM
RE: Vista Administrator Account (revealed) - by Jhrono on 04-23-2007 at 09:22 PM
RE: RE: Vista Administrator Account (revealed) - by Verte on 04-24-2007 at 01:31 AM
RE: Vista Administrator Account (revealed) - by vaccination on 04-23-2007 at 09:43 PM
RE: Vista Administrator Account (revealed) - by kezz on 04-24-2007 at 08:58 AM
RE: Vista Administrator Account (revealed) - by John Anderton on 04-27-2007 at 07:02 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: