What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » offline messages in MSN7.5 and chat log questions

offline messages in MSN7.5 and chat log questions
Author: Message:
CVonV

O.P. offline messages in MSN7.5 and chat log questions
Hey guys,

1) Are there any plugins that can imitate the WLM feature for MSN7.5?

2) With msgplus live and it's chat logging, is there a way to include the seconds in the timestamp of html logs?

3) Is there a way to disable archiving with msgplus live ie no separate monthly files/directories like in msgplus non-live? (I had no archiving in msgplus non-live which produced a single huge text file for each contact which I prefer)

Thanks
04-23-2007 07:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Jimbo
Veteran Member

31 / Male / Flag
RE: offline messages in MSN7.5 and chat log questions
quote:
Originally posted by CVonV

2) With msgplus live and it's chat logging, is there a way to include the seconds in the timestamp of html logs?

Use stuffplug and enable its timestamps
04-23-2007 07:18 PM
vaccination
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: offline messages in MSN7.5 and chat log questions
quote:
Hey guys,

1) Are there any plugins that can imitate the WLM feature for MSN7.5?

As far as I'm aware, no.
quote:

Take a look here.

Especially this bit;
quote:
Originally posted by reg
\Preferences      ChatLogTimeStampFormat      string      local specific
Format used to write time stamps in chat logs. By default, local settings are used to compute the time. See below for more details.

Use this for the tags.
quote:

3) Is there a way to disable archiving with msgplus live ie no separate monthly files/directories like in msgplus non-live? (I had no archiving in msgplus non-live which produced a single huge text file for each contact which I prefer)

You can only organize chat logs by date or or email. I think you want to organize them by email, to do this go to Plus > Preferences > Conversations(tab) > Chat logging(down left hand side) and select the 'Save by e-mail' radio button.

Hope this helps (Y)

[Image: jumbled.png]
04-23-2007 08:04 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CVonV

O.P. RE: offline messages in MSN7.5 and chat log questions
i dont really like the stuffplug workaround as that will log 2 timestamps... one with seconds one without... i will look into the registry hack for html logs thanks for that (I assume those registry settings also work for msgplus non-live? the old page which showed the registry settings for msgplus non-live doesn't seem to work anymore... is there a thread which has it all?)... i know it puts the seconds automatically for text logs tho... this is what i've been using ever since but i want to switch to html now cos it includes the emoticons and looks nice.

the save by email button is the one selected... but that still archives it into separate files.. for eg "C:\Documents\My Chat Logs\blah@msn.com" will contain files "January 2007.html", February 2007.html", etc

in plus non-live u had the option of no archiving... so what happens is in "C:\Documents\My Chat Logs" u'd have a single file "blah@msn.com.html" for history since the first time u ever chatted with that person.

as for the offline msging thing... thats the only feature that i like about WLM... but that doesn't outweigh all the other missing stuff that i love about 7.5+plus+sp2

edit:  oops silly me msgplus non-live doesn't log in html :$:(

This post was edited on 04-23-2007 at 09:13 PM by CVonV.
04-23-2007 08:25 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: