What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » something strange happened....

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
something strange happened....
Author: Message:
quasi

O.P. something strange happened....
today I was in msn live messenger with a contact from my list..but there was no display pic on theirs and it had an add contact bar on the top of the chat window.. I clicked it but nothing happened...so tonite I was thinking about it and went to read the history file..but their name is not listed..so no history either. Does anyone know how this could happen?..tia

This post was edited on 04-24-2007 at 02:13 AM by quasi.
04-24-2007 01:54 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
xJ +

A$$ple/Buttple xD

117 / Other / Flag
RE: something strange happened....
Let me help u to correct one error:
Firstly, the messenger is called Windows Live Messenger, and it's not call msn live messenger. If I remember correctly, someone in this forum, perhaps, has had said that there's such program call msn live - not sure if it exist though.

Anyway, it's something that caused by the servers , and you can't do anything except, you have to wait for the team to fix the server, and report this particular matter to the team as soon as possible.
04-24-2007 07:55 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
quasi

O.P. RE: something strange happened....
ok..my bad..windows live messenger..ok, I was wondering if the person I chatted with didn't have some kind of stealthy software running..it was just very strange...thx

ps~..how and where do I report this?

This post was edited on 04-24-2007 at 12:10 PM by quasi.
04-24-2007 11:55 AM
xJ +

A$$ple/Buttple xD

117 / Other / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by quasi
how and where do I report this?
http://feedback.live.com/
04-24-2007 12:22 PM
quasi

thx again

ps!..I might add that we chatted for an hour..no problem there.

This post was edited on 04-24-2007 at 12:58 PM by quasi.
04-24-2007 12:33 PM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
Are you running any programs that integrate with messenger? Also, what version number are you using?
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
04-26-2007 03:22 AM
quasi

I have windows live messenger 8.1, I believe.

No, I don't THINK I am using any programs that integrate with messenger. What exactly do you mean?...if the other person has a program integrated into messenger..would that do this? I have yet to talk to them on messenger again since this happened. All my other contacts seem to be fine.

thx for your reply..I hope I provivded what you need.
04-26-2007 01:14 PM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
After re-reading your inital post I noticed you had mentioned that the "Add Contact" bar appears in a conversation. Have you tried deleting the contact and re-adding them? It appears as though your messenger is not recognizing him/her as one of your contacts.

My Add-ons, I mean things like Messenger Plus! Live, Messenger Discovery, or anything else that "adds" functions to Windows Live Messenger.
04-27-2007 03:52 AM
quasi

well...no I have not tried to do that..but there is a problem in that I have not seen the contact....whom I used to chat with frequently.. but with work and family now there isn't much communication...now it's one or two emails and an occassional free time at work. I have not seem them on live msgr and only recv'd one email since...so no way to see if it will still happen.

to be honest..this person owes me a little money from pre-employment times..they assure me nothing is wrong and I have all but let the money slide...but at the same time have become distant.....so actually I was a little paranoid they did something to mask their online status and chat history. lol.....another thing is while chatting..I had to rush out w/o them coming back to say l8r..when I came back they were gone..I tried to leave a message for the next time they came on..but it was like the pre-live thing where it said.."this message cannot be sent b/c this person is offline" or w/e it said...I don't know if they have live at work or an older version of messenger?..but I guess I could email them to try to get online for a few seconds..if they won't..then I'll know. lol...and sorry to pull drama into this.

no, I don't think I have any add-ons that I know of...but I have had contacts with cams in our chat window..if that means anything?

thats about all that happened that I can think of
04-27-2007 04:16 AM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by quasi
I tried to leave a message for the next time they came on..but it was like the pre-live thing where it said.."this message cannot be sent b/c this person is offline" or w/e it said...I don't know if they have live at work or an older version of messenger?

no, I don't think I have any add-ons that I know of...but I have had contacts with cams in our chat window..if that means anything?

thats about all that happened that I can think of

If your contact isn't using Windows Live Messenger (And I think MSN Messenger 7.5) then offline messages won't be delivered. That, or your contact has blocked your messages from being sent.
04-28-2007 07:35 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: