What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Release]Anti-Freezing

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
[Release]Anti-Freezing
Author: Message:
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: [Release]Anti-Freezing
quote:
Originally posted by TheGuruSupremacy
quote:
Originally posted by Oigo
How do I get this to start with Messenger?
When I sign in it says "Anti-Freeze Disabled"

How can I make it be enabled at start up. Like the NudgeToolsScript?

Yes:)...Look at Image:

[Image: i143803_20070427135840.jpg]

but always I signed out and resigned in... get's disabled... I wanna enable it until I disable it manually by myself...
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
04-27-2007 02:02 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: [Release]Anti-Freezing
It seems like there's an error in reading the preference. If you know how to edit the script, look at line 20 where it says:
code:
Active = Boolean(oShell.RegRead(MsgPlus.ScriptRegPath + Messenger.MyUserId + "\\Antifree"));
it should be:
code:
Active = Boolean(oShell.RegRead(MsgPlus.ScriptRegPath + Messenger.MyUserId + "\\Antifreeze"));
That should fix it. ;)

This post was edited on 04-28-2007 at 09:34 AM by Matti.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
04-27-2007 04:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
TheGuruSupremacy

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [Release]Anti-Freezing
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
It seems like there's an error in reading the preference. If you know how to edit the script, look at line 20 where it says:
code:
Active = Boolean(oShell.RegRead(MsgPlus.ScriptRegPath + Messenger.MyUserId + "\\Antifree"));
it should be:
code:
Active = Boolean(oShell.RegRead(MsgPlus.ScriptRegPath + Messenger.MyUserId + "\\Antifree[color=green]ze[/color=green]"));
That should fix it. ;)

Thanks for your answer :)..However i knew about it...I was waiting to release and update because i'm changing some of code in the script...This Evening I'll release the update...Byeee
04-27-2007 04:25 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
That should fix it. ;)
thanks for u reply mate...

quote:
Thanks for your answer :)..However i knew about it...I was waiting to release and update because i'm changing some of code in the script...This Evening I'll release the update...Byeee
nice to know that guru... can you give us a change log???

Note: my 150th post... :o)

This post was edited on 04-27-2007 at 05:45 PM by warmth.
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
04-27-2007 05:41 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
TheGuruSupremacy

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
nice to know that guru... can you give us a change log???

Note: my 150th post... :o)

Script updated...see the first post for change log

This post was edited on 04-27-2007 at 07:39 PM by TheGuruSupremacy.
04-27-2007 07:32 PM
TheGuruSupremacy

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Vikke
You might want to tell your users this script removes the security checks from each message recieved.
PAY ATTENTION THE FILTERING TAKES PLACE ON MSN SERVERS:Try to send any message with .pif or groupicture.php (example www.msn.groupicture.php):the server reject these messages..Using this script you don't risk anything.....
04-28-2007 10:26 AM
vikke

31 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [Release]Anti-Freezing
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Vikke
You might want to tell your users this script removes the security checks from each message recieved.
PAY ATTENTION THE FILTERING TAKES PLACE ON MSN SERVERS:Try to send any message with .pif or groupicture.php (example www.msn.groupicture.php):the server reject these messages..Using this script you don't risk anything.....

You forgot to say: As we know it.
4 8 15 16 23 42
04-28-2007 11:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
TheBlasphemer

36 / – / –
Alright, as we seem to be shouting back and forth about the security thing, I figured I might as well clarify a few things, as also I have done quite a bit of research into this.
Basically what this script does is remove the internal messenger checks to check for virus-urls and things like that. These checks are mostly done on the server side too, but I am 100% certain that the messenger team has a very good reason to also do this on the client side. If you ask me, bluntly removing security checks is something you should not do. And to be quite honest, simply naming it "anti-freeze" without even informing users what exactly is removed, isn't something I appreciate.
I've written my own method to speed up the security checks (by replacing certain ones with faster, yet equivalent, checks), which (as vikke said) will be in P3, but to clear things up I've also taken a quick look at this script, and I've noticed that it doesn't even do properly what it is supposed to do. It removes all but one security check, but in the mean time allows for another freezing/crashing method: It will crash if there is only one security check received from the server...

So actually, using this script you do, in fact, risk something. It does remove the freezing upon huge messages, but it also removes some (in my eyes) vital security checks, and creates some new problems that won't do any good to messengers overall stability...
Use this at your own risk.
[Image: theblasp.png]
04-28-2007 01:16 PM
TheGuruSupremacy

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
Alright, as we seem to be shouting back and forth about the security thing, I figured I might as well clarify a few things, as also I have done quite a bit of research into this.
Basically what this script does is remove the internal messenger checks to check for virus-urls and things like that. These checks are mostly done on the server side too, but I am 100% certain that the messenger team has a very good reason to also do this on the client side. If you ask me, bluntly removing security checks is something you should not do. And to be quite honest, simply naming it "anti-freeze" without even informing users what exactly is removed, isn't something I appreciate.
I've written my own method to speed up the security checks (by replacing certain ones with faster, yet equivalent, checks), which (as vikke said) will be in P3, but to clear things up I've also taken a quick look at this script, and I've noticed that it doesn't even do properly what it is supposed to do. It removes all but one security check, but in the mean time allows for another freezing/crashing method: It will crash if there is only one security check received from the server...

So actually, using this script you do, in fact, risk something. It does remove the freezing upon huge messages, but it also removes some (in my eyes) vital security checks, and creates some new problems that won't do any good to messengers overall stability...
Use this at your own risk.

Ok..I hope to have the time to written my own method to speed up the security checks...However you can't be 100% certain that the messenger team has a very good reason to also do this on the client side...Moreover on my opinion these checks are useless(vital security checks???????)..Msn filter ours messages...Moreover filtering takes place also on the msn servers(you don't know like me why there is this security check so you can't say that it is "vital"(on my opinion even if msn servers wouldn't filter messages,it shouldn't be "vital")...This script was created to fix a "bug" on msn generated by the cracking of characters  limit ,You would have had to consider the consequences of the boosting characters feature of stuffplug(It's good that i can send long messages but if sending them i can freeze contact’s msn it's no great. If you don't crack characters limit ,there won't be any problems ) For the crash you have talked about(are you sure???My messenger has never crashed) i'll verify it:it's no a problem if it's true i'll update the script..

This post was edited on 04-28-2007 at 04:01 PM by TheGuruSupremacy.
04-28-2007 01:38 PM
chompas

Put the box

38 / Male / Flag
OH this is great! Im downloading it. I though that it was a problem with my very low end pc. But it seems to happen to more people. Thanks for this hotfix.
[Image: BannerIncubus.jpg]
04-28-2007 03:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: