What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » anyone write script to check who appear offline?

Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
anyone write script to check who appear offline?
Author: Message:
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
RE: anyone write script to check who appear offline?
So there is a hope to such a script being made??? :S
05-10-2007 07:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Steel Froggy

Mc. Haxinlaggins

31 / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: anyone write script to check who appear offline?
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
However, the method/way talked about by Matty, which is: changing your own DP and detecting connections from people and comparing them with their statusses will work. This method has also been described a long time ago when 'Open Window Notifiers' discussions popped up and when trying to find a more/better use for them. However, that will also not show you all contacts who are appearing offline though: if you do recieve such a notice you may be certain that the person is appearing offline. If you do not recieve such a notice, you can not be certain; the person could still be apearing offline.

Exactly hence why I said Sign Out and back in or go Appear Offline then Online yourself. That will force a toast to be displayed and the contacts will be forced to open a session with you to get the new display picture.

Then can't you get a convy notifier (like on MDL) and then use Hopper Live (or another toaster) to send a lot of toasts?
When you do that, doesn't the notifier tell you they've opened a convy with you? Then couldn't you technically tell if they blocked you? I'm going to try this w/my friend.... I'll just ask him to block me. :D
[Image: Steel%20Froggy.png]
05-10-2007 11:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
What Hopper does is blocking everybody except who you want to send the toasts to and then setting your status offline/online a few times. blocking/unblocking the contact a few times.

All that is really not needed and overdoing it imho. And not really useable with large contact lists anyways if you want to check all contacts. Even with setting your status to appear offline and back to online it doesn't always work since this isn't a garantuee that an open session will be created.

But who said anything about detecting blocking?

This is exactly why 'open window notifiers' and all the other things, like a possible 'detect appearing offline contacts', should only be made and be used with great care... and as such I'm personally not very fond of such tools in the wild at all, even just for this sole reason only; They are used more inappropriately than that they are used and interpreted properly. See all the 'open window notifier' hypes and discussions. This has a big potential of getting on the same road.

When someone is appearing offline it does not automatically mean they are blocking you though. Please do not make such assumptions.

;)

EDIT: corrected big mistake, thanks to Mnjul for pointing that out :$

This post was edited on 05-16-2007 at 01:24 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-11-2007 01:50 PM
vikke

31 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: anyone write script to check who appear offline?
quote:
Originally posted by andrey
Yes, it is possible, because as some said, Messenger does look for the DPs of people who are appearing offline.
But this method would be inaccurate, because AFAIK WLM does these checks randomly, you can't force WLM to check for people's DPs and it would only work for those who have set one.

Hmm.. Have anyone tried opening a chat or opening the contact card?
4 8 15 16 23 42
05-11-2007 02:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
This sounds very promising. Well, I'd say: go on and try, and keep us informed. We know you can do it, Matty! :)

[OFFTOPIC]
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
(side note: where did we come up with the name toast?)
Maybe that was because someone thought it looked like a toast popping out of the toaster?
[/OFFTOPIC]
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
05-11-2007 04:04 PM
Steel Froggy

Mc. Haxinlaggins

31 / Male / –
I tried the thing I suggested w/hopper live, and it turns out that you don't even get toasts from blocked contacts... (or so my tester claimed... lol)
Also, if somebody gets a toast from you, the conversation opener detection thingy doesn't tell you they opened a conversation... unfortunately.
Now somebody else suggested the contact card idea... and I'm going to get right on that and test it... with more than one contact! =D

*Disclaimer: I agree w/Cookie in such a way that that these could be bad, because it's a void of privacy. I'm just curious and love finding ways around things... :P

quote:
When someone is appearing offline it does NOT automatically mean they are blocking you. Please do not make such assumptions.
True... IDk where the blocking part came from... I guess it just came out of nowhere! lol
Now that that's brought up though... you could use the same method's either way, so it's pretty similar.

This post was edited on 05-12-2007 at 02:34 AM by Steel Froggy.
05-12-2007 02:26 AM
Steel Froggy

Mc. Haxinlaggins

31 / Male / –
Update:

Contact card isn't working either...

Anybody else think of something new we can try?
05-13-2007 08:23 PM
Lux

=\

– / Male / Flag
well.....there is a way for doing such a thing...but it's not really a whos's apearing off line thnigy......it would go like this...if u have someones IP, and it's not  dynamic IP, by certan ways u could technically check if the PC with folowing IP is online, but that doesn't mean that he is appearing offline on msn, he could be offline for reall :D so that's all i can think of 'bout that........and 'bout the who block me scripts, u could do that! just make a script which will connect on ur other e-mail, and add all of ur contacts in other msn list and if they accept u could made a script which will check wich contacts is on line on one msn list but offline on the other...and that's possible ONLY if they accept ur other msn account...just a suggestion for those thing....:D btw, sorry ;bot my english it sucks, and sory if i have just sayd somthing stupid above....i don't know anything 'bout this things :D
05-14-2007 10:31 PM
Steel Froggy

Mc. Haxinlaggins

31 / Male / –
Most of those idea's we've already tried, but here's another one:

We could take their IP, scan the ports to see what ones are being used, see what port's are being used, and check whatever port MSN uses...
Although if a friend/family member was signed in, then that wouldn't work... So I guess we still need to find another thing like the contact cards and such...
Or a combination of both.... *-)
05-14-2007 10:39 PM
Lux

=\

– / Male / Flag
what about links in PSM? like song links? u can make your own keywords for seaching, maybe there is some conections in that.....like PSM is for somthing hot for MSN which evrybody would like to see and the search is false, but when they click on it maybe there is some way to catch who is offline....?
05-14-2007 10:46 PM
Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: