What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » anyone write script to check who appear offline?

Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
anyone write script to check who appear offline?
Author: Message:
Steel Froggy

Mc. Haxinlaggins

31 / Male / –
RE: anyone write script to check who appear offline?
Well if their Song in their PSM is changing, then you'd know they're really online... ^o)

Oh wait, you mean like make your own, and then THEY'D see it and click it?

*BINGO* I just came up with a great idea.
I'll post back if it works.
[Image: Steel%20Froggy.png]
05-15-2007 04:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Lux

=\

– / Male / Flag
Yah I tmean like if yhe appearing offline persone is clicking the link.....
HOLP it will work, that idea u just came up whit!! Good luck Steel Froggy! !
Give us some good news !
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway! post here ur idea so we could know which one could be done, and wich couldn't :D anyway, I'm a prrety new member, so if anybody who 's been watching this  postos, should write down the things that maybe could be done, and those which can not be done for sure ! so we can think of the new ways of doing that :D
if nobody wanna, I will do it !
And, I don;t think u understund me totaly.....
Ther's a plugin whit wich u can MAKE YOUR OWNL PSM whic will be same as somebody is listening some song, but u can call it whatever u like, and make a keywords for msn search whatever u like! so if u write somthing VERY intersting in there, most of ur contacts will click on it, thinkig that's a real stuff, but in that case, it wwouldnt work all the time, but only if they click on it !

it look like this:

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

:D
05-15-2007 05:30 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
Only a little problem: I don't think most of people would click on the Music Link on PSM... (In example -> me)
You have to think in a way that all / most contacts should indirectly "tell" when they are as offline. Unfortunately, I don't have any ideas and I'm starting to think that Microsoft was smart this time -> as no ones discovered a way till now... :S

But be free to try on... :)
05-15-2007 01:04 PM
Steel Froggy

Mc. Haxinlaggins

31 / Male / –
RE: RE: anyone write script to check who appear offline?
quote:
Originally posted by Luka88bg
Yah I tmean like if yhe appearing offline persone is clicking the link.....
HOLP it will work, that idea u just came up whit!! Good luck Steel Froggy! !
Give us some good news !
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway! post here ur idea so we could know which one could be done, and wich couldn't :D anyway, I'm a prrety new member, so if anybody who 's been watching this  postos, should write down the things that maybe could be done, and those which can not be done for sure ! so we can think of the new ways of doing that :D
if nobody wanna, I will do it !
And, I don;t think u understund me totaly.....
Ther's a plugin whit wich u can MAKE YOUR OWNL PSM whic will be same as somebody is listening some song, but u can call it whatever u like, and make a keywords for msn search whatever u like! so if u write somthing VERY intersting in there, most of ur contacts will click on it, thinkig that's a real stuff, but in that case, it wwouldnt work all the time, but only if they click on it !

it look like this:

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

:D

What's that plug-in, btw? I'd be interested in it! :) I have plug-ins where you can make your own song thing, but none where you can pick custom search terms for it.

I'm trying to test my theory, but my friend is being stupid and won't appear offline for me.
I'll post my theory after I test it. I want to be the one who figures it out... I'm just selfish that way. :P
05-16-2007 12:57 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Doing something with the links will not work at all. There is no way you can identify somebody by using a link since everybody will recieve the same link anyways. PSMs are not contact-specific.

The only possible way has already been explained several posts ago by Matty.

The reason why contact cards and toasts popping up don't seem to work is because of the display picture. If you do not change that, then you wont recieve an open session notification. If you would have updated the display picture before you did all these 'tests', you would see they do work (if the display picture wasn't already send to your contact prior to your test).

Hence why it was said that changing your display picture is the only (more or less) reliable way, as Matty explained.

This post was edited on 05-16-2007 at 10:20 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-16-2007 10:17 AM
Lux

=\

– / Male / Flag
CookieRevised i think your right but, it would be nice if there is a way to check that thing out in some other moreeee reliable way......

mayby there is who knows? :D it would be nice :D
quote:
Originally posted by Steel Froggy

What's that plug-in, btw? I'd be interested in it! :) I have plug-ins where you can make your own song thing, but none where you can pick custom search terms for it.

I'm trying to test my theory, but my friend is being stupid and won't appear offline for me.
I'll post my theory after I test it. I want to be the one who figures it out... I'm just selfish that way. :P

it a plugin called MSN Shell [ bout 4 MB ]...some chinese thing :D
nothing special...it can make ur slideshow of DPs made custom song links, and some other good things....:D

This post was edited on 05-16-2007 at 12:18 PM by Lux.
05-16-2007 12:18 PM
Steel Froggy

Mc. Haxinlaggins

31 / Male / –
Well, my method didn't work, and now that I think about it I probably wasn't thinking when I thought of it, so I won't bother mentioning it. lol

So ya, I guess we need to find out something w/the contact cards and everything, like Cookie and Matty said.

We'll figure this out if it kills us. ;)
05-16-2007 11:41 PM
Lux

=\

– / Male / Flag
well....there is a way for sure, nothing is imposible! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D just be patient! ;)
05-16-2007 11:47 PM
Steel Froggy

Mc. Haxinlaggins

31 / Male / –
Exactly! We WILL find it out.
05-17-2007 12:42 AM
Lux

=\

– / Male / Flag
Well...I got something!
It's like this...with the nudgeToolsScript u can nudge appearnig offline ppl! and also can send automatically nudges....so it would be like this....to made a script which would nudge ALL off ur OFFLINE contacts and then, the conversation will open! they will be suprized when they recive nudges, and possibly send some msg or ask u how did u know he's appearing offline.....or maybe he will close the conversation, but there is a way to see if someone is closed the conversation( one of the options in DiscoveryLive )...and if it could be done, combine this with that thing with DPs and conctact cards.....it would be very good!
it wouldn't be so  realayble, but it could for sure most some of appearing offline contacts ! ! !
maybe that won't work so im waiting for someone who knowes more than me to post something to this......... so......what do u thinh ppl? could it be done?!
05-17-2007 01:30 AM
Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: