What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » anyone write script to check who appear offline?

Pages: (8): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 » Last »
anyone write script to check who appear offline?
Author: Message:
Silent_Sniper

RE: anyone write script to check who appear offline?
Ive read quickly through the topic, so i might have missed somthing, but in another forum people said this program worked for discovering appearing offline contacts

http://live.msgdiscovery.com/index.php?page=features

I haven't dl it yet, so i'm not sure yet. My intrenet is going to slow....:@ could somone cheak if it works for them?
06-27-2007 07:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Dave

33 / Male / Flag
I have just downloaded it, and it looks good, although I can't find an option anywhere to tell you when someone is appearing offline.  On another point, it claims to have an option to tell you when a conversation window is closed, which I thought, according to posts I've read on this forum elsewhere, was not supposed to be possible.  Hmmm...

Anyway, even though I can't find a thing to discover appear offline contacts, it still looks like quite a useful add-on...
PC Model: HP dv9340ea
WLM version: 14
MP!L version: 4.81
06-27-2007 07:52 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Dave
On another point, it claims to have an option to tell you when a conversation window is closed, which I thought, according to posts I've read on this forum elsewhere, was not supposed to be possible.  Hmmm...

And is is indeed not possible anymore to do this in a acurate way. In other words this will not work at all...

That doesn't mean that people aren't using it anymore and that you wont find it anymore in other tools. MessengerDiscovery is typical for using not-so-accurate methods and stuff which breaks easly between versions. After all those years, it still has that 'stigmata'...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-28-2007 08:29 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Dave

33 / Male / Flag
i had i feeling when i wrote that post that you would having something to say on the matter... 8-)
PC Model: HP dv9340ea
WLM version: 14
MP!L version: 4.81
06-28-2007 05:53 PM
Melinda01

Well, a "not-very-cool" way to check if someone is offline or Appear Offline:

Create a new email account, and add that person on your new contact list. Then check if they have added you on their list. Another thing that I have observed is that when you add someone who is on Appear Offline, then by the time they accept you invitation their nickname changes from the address to the nickname (if they have a nickname instead of the email address).

Of course that person must accept your invitation. But I think that most of the people do accept in order to see who that person who added them is.

If that person is on Appear Offline but not in front of the computer at the moment or is indeed Offline and you can't wait in front of the pc to check what happened, use the Event Log. See if they've come online at all and if they have added you to their list.

Of course this is not the best way to check everytime....but it is something anyway! :)
07-09-2007 09:32 AM
Steel Froggy

Mc. Haxinlaggins

31 / Male / –
True, it is something.
[Image: Steel%20Froggy.png]
07-10-2007 05:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Justin

32 / Male / Flag
I dont really see point to this script, alot of my friends have plus and the only reason they appear offline is to lock messenger, im sure alot of people do this. So even if you do start a conversation with them they wont get the message untill they come back and if they are online and there appearing offline they obviously dont want to be disturbed or dont want to talk to you otherwise they would talk to you while there status is appearing offline.

Sorry for my English, im sure its eligible :P
12-15-2007 01:07 AM
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
The idea is to discover who have signed in, but is with the Appear Offline status....
In other words: it's curiosity talking louder:P
12-15-2007 02:23 AM
PsychoH

Hail To Metal

31 / Male / Flag
Of all those idea's I see the most potential in the nudgestoolscript and the notifier for opening a window (don't know if there is one) even if u opened it yourself maybe you could combine this with the close window notifier so if u send a nudge they would ignore it and close the window although if they just leave the window open and ignore u... it doesnt work.

doesn't msn send u a confirmation if the message u send is received on the other side? so i'm thinking maybe u should use the nudgesscript to send a nudge and use the confirmation check if they received it, cause if they are really offline they would not receive it.
this is just an idea of mine, i'm new here so what do u think? is it possible?

I, also read on another site that u can't send file's to people who are offline but u can to people who are appearing offline, but i think this is inaccurate. but maybe u should give it a try.

btw. sorry for my bad english but i'm to lazy to write this all correct:d
11-18-2008 07:41 PM
king69_666

41 / Male / Flag
I've just read EVERY page, and this hasn't been asked yet...

What if the user that you wish to check isn't using MSN at all, but more like a 3rd party application? Would these protocols still be used as the ID is an MSN Live ID, or is that (MSN's Protocols) MSN Live specific?

If they are MSN specific, couldn't a scrip be used for those who KNOW that the user they wish to check is not using MSN?

Anyway, it's just a question, as not EVERYONE uses MSN, hell, I use Meebo at work.
01-15-2009 04:19 AM
Pages: (8): « First « 3 4 5 6 [ 7 ] 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: