What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Feature Idea: Contact Search Database Filters

Poll: Do you like the idea?
Yeah would be useful!
Not worth the time coding it
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Feature Idea: Contact Search Database Filters
Author: Message:
XM4ST3RX

DJ Scoop!

37 / Male / –
O.P. Feature Idea: Contact Search Database Filters
Hi,

Full of ideas this week arn't i? hehe. Sorry if they're all rubbish, but i figured any ideas better than no idea at all.... *-) hopefully haha :P

Many many many... many people now use special characters in their display name.

I just used the contact search feature of WLM and noticed alot of my public contact list does not even return many successful search results unless the string is in their email address (and searching emails isnt exactly perfect :P)

I don't think this would be added in Messenger Plus!, however i believe that it would be a really good feature if it could be created by other means.

etc ...

If a database of these characters could be added so that it replaces it with its recognizable letter, even duplicates (so you could add more than 1 character for E, etc ...), then the contact search (in my opinion) would be ALOT better and the chances of finding contacts would be highly successful.

Also maybe if you could manually add characters to the database so that if you ever came across another character in your contact list which you didn't successfully find before, it would the next time you searched. Users could even share their databases too which would give people urge to create them.

Sorry if it's not fully understandable, i tried using the special characters in here for examples but they were replaced with raw ALT codes.

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX
05-14-2007 07:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Feature Idea: Contact Search Database Filters
clever idea, i wouldn't use it much, my friends aren't as annoying wth their msn names:P

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
05-14-2007 08:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: