What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » LaTeX + Ink = ?

LaTeX + Ink = ?
Author: Message:
Positronics

O.P. LaTeX + Ink = ?
This is basically about using LaTeX engine coupled with MS Ink to send math (or other formatted texts) over Messenger. I know this has been discussed before and I am aware of J-Thread's Math Pastebin activity which works overly well apart from the fact that it only saves a history of six entries.

I had a quick read over Microsoft's documentation on Microsoft.Ink .NET library (and I meant *really* quick read) but I still don't know whether this is at all possible. The idea is to pass the TeX formatting command to the LaTeX formatting engine and get a vector-based graphic output (PS? SVG?) and if possible, somehow pass these vector data into Ink engine to create Ink stroke data which can be passed onto Messenger's Ink interface and be sent normally by the Messenger client like any other Ink message. Now the thing is I have no experience on programming with memory hooks whatsoever (I've wanted to try.. but never actually got round to doing it) and neither have I even touched any Ink-based programming so if anyone out there has a slightest idea regarding this matter -- or perhaps even interested in some development -- any clarification would be welcomed! ;)

(I thought I read somewhere that Infopen Pro used to allow people to send texts as Ink message over MSN Messenger in the old days..)

Thanks!
05-19-2007 12:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: