What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » messenger lock bug

messenger lock bug
Author: Message:
u7pro

O.P. messenger lock bug
How to reproduce the bug :
You should have two messenger accounts that have different settings :
  1. messenger with lock activated (ctrl + space).
  2. messenger with lock desactivated.

Log with the first one and check that the lock is working (type ctrl + space), now logout and log with the second one, AND DONT OPEN PREFERENCES of msg+, type anywhere (ctrl + space) then messenger is locked!

This bug becomes really annoying if you use a lot the (ctrl + space) combinaison :@, example IntelliSense in visual studio.

Possible way to solve that
Every time an account logout, msg+ should remove ctrl + space hook and when an account logs it should override preferences.

I hope that you fix this problem as soon as possible! Sorry for my poor english.
07-15-2007 01:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: messenger lock bug
First thing to know:
Using multiple messenger programs is not officially supported by Microsoft and using the multi-msn (aka polygamy) feature has its limits. This is one of them...
You can't have the same shortcut to lock Messenger for both Messenger programs. Doing that will obviously overwrite the first Messenger instance's shortcut, and you will instead lock the second one.

You need to set different shortcuts for each Messenger account if you're planning to use those accounts in conjuction with multi-msn/polygamy.

--

Second, if you don't like the shortcut being used for Messenger lock, because it conflicts with one for another program, then you can/should change it in the preferences.

...misread

This post was edited on 07-16-2007 at 02:33 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-15-2007 03:25 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
u7pro

O.P. RE: RE: messenger lock bug
I said that you should have two messenger accounts, this bug happens with a single instance of messenger, if you log with the first account that have lock activated and you logout, then you log with the second one which have lock desactivated, the lock still work!
07-15-2007 04:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
Already reported. Messenger Lock staying enabled

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton in How to report a bug (READ) thread.
  • Do not report duplicate bugs; before posting your bug report, have a look around the forum for a similar bug and check to see that it is actually a bug and its not a fault on your behalf.

07-15-2007 05:15 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
Yeah, I have also noticed this bug, but I haven't tried to reproduce it. It's very annoying.
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
07-15-2007 08:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: