What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Suggestions

Suggestions
Author: Message:
nufin_left2lose

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. Suggestions
I really liked, (and miss! -I try to find it all the time) the 'set comeback message' feature' -I can't remember the last version it was in, but I think it's not been around since Windows Live Messenger came about, Offline Messeges/ing negating it's function somewhat.

...but I miss it!

Also, I think we used to be able to set custom statuses for every status, from Online to out to Lunch to Away. I like it silent when I'm set to Busy, but I'd like to be able to set a custom status s.a. studying etc while set to Online/when I'm occupied or whatever but want to be able to hear MSN; so I don't have to change my settings everytime I want to change status.

I think that'ld be great :)
10-03-2007 11:47 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Suggestions
For the first one, Offline Messages does a much better job, I personally can't think of a reason why you would prefer the set comback feature apart from the ability to withdraw or modify a message after you have set it (which would be great if Microsoft allowed us to do).  As for the personalized statuses, this has been asked few numerous times and I do hope that Patchou adds this ability in the next major update of Plus! (which shouldn't be too far away).

Have fun using plus! and keep those suggestions coming, I'm sure Patchou always enjoys new ideas flowing his way.
[Image: markee.png]
10-03-2007 12:04 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
nufin_left2lose

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Suggestions
Some people don't use offline messages, the java/html MSN may not (always) display them. Basically the same reason you'd leave a note on your door in case you're not there when a person comes/visits.
You can set an auto-response for individual people when they talk to you, I'd like to do that except pre-empt them speaking to me.

Or, as often happens for me, a person's set their status to away or offline at home, and journeyed to uni (where they are often using a html/java based app), and I want to leave them a message for them to get when why log on at uni or after an exam etc. If you use offline messages...they receive it at home and so don't get it at uni.
It's also easier/clearer/more convenient to update a comeback message over time, rather than sending several emails (or IMs), particularly when time negates a message. And other than remembering all you've said and composing retraction messages, things can get rather confusing.

...I just want it, lol
10-03-2007 12:20 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: