What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Plus! newbie has a few basic questions.

Plus! newbie has a few basic questions.
Author: Message:
Bigburger

O.P. Happy  Plus! newbie has a few basic questions.
Wow this is a really great add-on for Mesenger.  I have a couple of questions which I am unable to find an answer to:

1) Is the event viewer capable of logging events that occur and what my contacts are up to when I am offline?

2) Why are a couple of my contacts in the main window green and a couple are red while all the others are black?
05-19-2007 06:51 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Fanta

<fun stuff goes here>

44 / Female / Flag
RE: Plus! newbie has a few basic questions.
Hey and welcome!

When you are offline, nope, no logging. When you only appear offline, then yes.

People change the color of their screenname, that is why you see some people with coloured names. Read around the forums or play around a bit with all the new options you find in messenger plus! live to see what you can do with it!
[Image: fantaclub7fz.gif]

05-19-2007 06:57 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Bigburger

O.P. RE: Plus! newbie has a few basic questions.
Thanks for the reply!

Is there any way to log events which occur when I am offline? Any other program or add-on that does this?

Also, the people who have coloured names - was this feature available in Messenger or is it exclusive to Plus!.  Does it mean that the people with coloured names also have Plus! ?
05-19-2007 08:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Plus! newbie has a few basic questions.
quote:
Originally posted by Bigburger
Thanks for the reply!

Is there any way to log events which occur when I am offline? Any other program or add-on that does this?
No. That is impossible and thus you will find no program which does this.

To see what your contacts are doing you need to be logged in. Even a program which would claim it can do this, must log in (with your account).

quote:
Also, the people who have coloured names - was this feature available in Messenger or is it exclusive to Plus!.
It is exclusive to Messenger Plus!. This means you need to have Messenger Plus! installed to see the colors and formatting.

Colors and formatting in nicknames and conversation text was introduced several years ago in Messenger Plus! 3. Since Messenger Plus! Live a new method of coloring and formatting has been added. Messenger Plus! Live supports both the old and the new method.

quote:
Does it mean that the people with coloured names also have Plus! ?
In practice yes. In theory no. This is because anybody can write the raw codes which makes up the colors or formatting (also those without Messenger Plus!). But only if you have Messenger Plus! you will actually see the colors and formatting instead of the codes.

This post was edited on 05-19-2007 at 08:28 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-19-2007 08:27 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: