What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Wave 'balance' in sound settings keeps moving

Wave 'balance' in sound settings keeps moving
Author: Message:
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Wave 'balance' in sound settings keeps moving
It's kind of a tough one to explain - as I can't work out why it's happening.

Basically at times while I'm listening to music I'll notice it doesn't seem as loud in one ear (using headphones in the only comp jack) and I'll go to the advanced volume properties and the balance of the Wave bit will have moved (always to the same place) as shown in the image below.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=821899]

It seems to only happen sometimes when a new song starts, but if doesn't happen every time the song changes and I can't really tell what's making it happen.

Any help with getting it to stay in the middle would be much appreciated, cheers.

.png File Attachment: 1.PNG (13.41 KB)
This file has been downloaded 434 time(s).
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

05-29-2007 11:26 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Verte

RE: Wave 'balance' in sound settings keeps moving
My only thought is that there may be a keyboard or mouse shortcut in one of your media applications that changes it. You might forget where the keyboard focus is and start typing or scrolling the mouse [eg, scrolling the mouse changes the volume in winamp].
was put impeccably into words at DebianDay for me last Saturday, by Knut Yrvin of Trolltech - adults try something once, fail, and then are like "ffs this doesn't work". Children try, fail, and then try again, and succeed - maybe on the second, or even fifth retry. But the thing is that they keep at it and overcome the problems in the end.

-andrewdodd13
05-29-2007 02:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Wave 'balance' in sound settings keeps moving
Ahh very nice... it turns out that it is my (somewhat broken) mouse scroller which is changing it while winamp is running. Strange that it doesn't just change the volume, rather than the side of output.

Does anyone know if there's a way to turn this option off?

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy

05-29-2007 03:37 PM
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Wave 'balance' in sound settings keeps moving
Well I thought I had worked out what was wrong above, but it seems that's not the only thing affecting the balance.

The solution above can change the balance, but it's not what's changing it in this case.

Whenever a song ends and another that isn't located in the same folder (or is in a subfolder from the main folder) starts, the balance changes as shown in the first post. If I use the keyboard shortcut, or the next button in winamp, it doesn't happen. Only when one songs ends by itself, and a new song from another folder starts. I really have no idea with this one.
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy

06-11-2007 07:28 PM
Verte

RE: Wave 'balance' in sound settings keeps moving
Ghosts.

Um, yeah. I'm out of ideas. Sorry.
was put impeccably into words at DebianDay for me last Saturday, by Knut Yrvin of Trolltech - adults try something once, fail, and then are like "ffs this doesn't work". Children try, fail, and then try again, and succeed - maybe on the second, or even fifth retry. But the thing is that they keep at it and overcome the problems in the end.

-andrewdodd13
06-12-2007 06:05 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: