What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » [split] email notification + deleted posts

[split] email notification + deleted posts
Author: Message:
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: How can i translate in .plsc format?
[OFF TOPIC]

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
please stick to your existing thread and don't make a new thread...

This thread has been reported to be merged to How can i translate in .plsc format?
Cookie is there anyway that when this things happened and you have instant notification of replays ON... you get into your mail the new URL to track the posts??? is very annoying when you click in the mail and then the thread doesn't exist :(

[/OFF TOPIC]

This post was edited on 05-29-2007 at 07:59 PM by warmth.
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
05-29-2007 07:19 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: How can i translate in .plsc format?
[OFF TOPIC]

:'( @ off topicness....

If you have questions which are not related to a thread, make a new thread in the appropiate forum (or PM somebody) instead....

quote:
Originally posted by warmth
quote:
please stick to your existing thread and don't make a new thread...

This thread has been reported to be merged to How can i translate in .plsc format?
Cookie is there anyway that when this things happened and you have instant notification of replays ON... you get into your mail the new URL to track the posts??? is very annoying when you click in the mail and then the thread doesn't exist :(
No, you only get an email notification when someone posts in a thread you are subscribed to, not when threads/posts are moderated.

The email notification will contain the link to a specific post. So, if that post has been deleted, the link would point to a non-existing post, resulting in simply showing the thread if you click the link.

If the post was the first post of the thread, the link would point to a non-existing thread and you'll get the "thread doesn't exist" message.

In case of post movements, the link will still point to the specific post and you will automatically be taken to the new thread.

To track things down, you can also check the posts of a user. eg: you know for sure someone has posted something but you don't know where, or where it was moved or splitted to. Do this by pressing the "Find" button on a user's post.

Example: all these off topic posts have been reported and I hope they will be split out soon. As such, when you get an email notification of this new post of mine and all these posts are split out, you still would be taken to the new thread containing these (off topic) posts...

I dunno if this answered your question though...

[/OFF TOPIC]

This post was edited on 05-29-2007 at 07:42 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-29-2007 07:40 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
warmth
Veteran Member

Electronic Engineer

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: How can i translate in .plsc format?
[OFF TOPIC]

quote:
I dunno if this answered your question though...
jajajaja so so... I was talking more about a modification in the forum system... to deliver a mail with the new link when some post get moved... but don't worry nice work :) and thanks for all you said... I have never used the FIND buttom... I will do it now...

quote:
:'( @ off topicness....

If you have questions which are not related to a thread, make a new thread in the appropiate forum (or PM somebody) instead....
And sorry for this "off topic" problem... I just wanted to take advantage of this example to ask you that thing... won't happen again...

[/OFF TOPIC]

This post was edited on 05-29-2007 at 08:04 PM by warmth.
@warmth - Beta Testing a life!
Official Nokia (former Ovi) Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011)
05-29-2007 07:57 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: