What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Parrot Script suggestion

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Parrot Script suggestion
Author: Message:
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Parrot Script suggestion
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
If this script will work in which the way Bram suggested then this script will be very strange. Because it won't be used by us but, actually our script we downloaded will be used by others. And we must inform them about the existence of the script which we have by writing something like this "If you want to get a sample of my Current Media, send /listen command to me".
I don't understand what the problem with this is? It's just like the fileserver scripts and such.

quote:
Also either / or !, it doesn't make any difference. Although my opinion has changed about this script, I can say that people can always send / or ! commands, whether they have Plus! or not. Because the program which will recognize the command is not B's Messenger but it is A's Messenger.
Using / will result in MsgPlus giving the user an error that the command doesn't exist (since they want to send it as a message rather than execute a Plus command on their own computer). Ofcourse you can disable commands in messages (I think :p), but it just makes things more difficult overall..
06-06-2007 03:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
I like the idea! There's already a Voice Clip Sender script which "converts" Plus! sounds to voice clips, so why can't we do this for another kind of sound?

About the / or ! conflict, there have been some rules made about this. A / command is for the client side (like /prefs to open YOUR preferences), while ! commands are made to be used by your contacts. They will be sent to you and your script will recognize it. In this case, I think you can use both so both you and your contact can request it. :)
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
06-06-2007 05:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Parrot Script suggestion
quote:
I found some logic flaw here.

Bram said that, A was listening to the music and his contact B wanted to hear a sample of it. So according to Bram's suggestion, B will write the command /listen and A's Messenger will recognize that command and make a voice clip and send it to B. Here, the person who has to have some special tool for this automatic sending is A. So why the hell shall B send the command and wait for the sample?
Because B will invoke the automatic creation of a voice clip and sending it. That is what remote commands do.... (and the unwritten rule says that remote commands should start with "!", not with "/").

quote:
If this script will work in which the way Bram suggested then this script will be very strange. Because it won't be used by us but, actually our script we downloaded will be used by others. And we must inform them about the existence of the script which we have by writing something like this "If you want to get a sample of my Current Media, send /listen command to me".
How is that strange? This is how all scripts with remote commands work.

quote:
Also either / or !, it doesn't make any difference.
Yes it does, read/search the forums about the use of commands and possible consequences with other scripts and even other addons.

-----------------------------------------------

Nevertheless, something like what has been suggested here (listening to your contact's music) is already possible in Windows Live Messenger with the aid of an official Messenger Activity called Music Mix.

For more info see here:
http://messengersays.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!5B4...930829E!4805.entry

;)

This post was edited on 06-06-2007 at 09:48 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-06-2007 09:46 PM
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
I have to say that Music Mix sounds good for me, as I would love to hear music with my contacts, but it has some limitations, like:
  • Currently only available in the US, France, Germany, Japan, and the UK.  -> And the rest of the world???
  • Requires WMP 10, which is available for Windows XP and up.

About WMP 10 I had problems when I resolved to restore to WMP 9, so I'll not (so early) try againg WLM 10...
The 1st one is the most "strong" explanation...

06-07-2007 12:58 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MicroWay
I have to say that Music Mix sounds good for me, as I would love to hear music with my contacts, but it has some limitations, like:
  • Currently only available in the US, France, Germany, Japan, and the UK.  -> And the rest of the world???

That post on MessengerSays is old. MusicMix is now available in many many more countries.

This post was edited on 06-07-2007 at 01:02 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-07-2007 01:01 AM
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
That post on MessengerSays is old. MusicMix is now available in many many more countries.

Didn't knew it...
I'll search for more info about it...
Thanks Cookie... ;)
06-07-2007 01:05 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: