What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » [split] [suggestion] maintain original name...

[split] [suggestion] maintain original name...
Author: Message:
tetley

O.P. RE: Official Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Beta - Released!
by the way patchou, since you are updating, i would like to make a suggestion: could you put the option to change a person's nick maintaining the old one? example: "smashing pumpkins playing live in lisbon" and i would change it to john, and the new nick of my friend would be "john - smashing pumpkins playing live in lisbon". I know that option option existed before, maybe you considered it obsolete because now that option exists in messenger, but you can only change a nick to another. in my example, the new nick would be just john. anyway at least think about it, i'm sure more people would agree with me :)
05-31-2007 02:51 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mfragola

www.fragonline.com.ar

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Official Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Beta - Released!
quote:
Originally posted by tetley
by the way patchou, since you are updating, i would like to make a suggestion: could you put the option to change a person's nick maintaining the old one? example: "smashing pumpkins playing live in lisbon" and i would change it to john, and the new nick of my friend would be "john - smashing pumpkins playing live in lisbon". I know that option option existed before, maybe you considered it obsolete because now that option exists in messenger, but you can only change a nick to another. in my example, the new nick would be just john. anyway at least think about it, i'm sure more people would agree with me :)
After rereading it a few times trying to understand what you tried to express  I though you should try stuffplug's Chat-only name feature..
But it doen't work on WLM 8.5 yet..

This post was edited on 05-31-2007 at 11:54 PM by WDZ.
05-31-2007 02:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
lizard.boy
Veteran Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Official Windows Live Messenger 8.5 Beta - Released!
he means making the (!N) and (!M) tags work in Messenger's custom names feature, or appending the contact's name to the end of the custom name like Msgplus! used to do.
05-31-2007 03:16 AM
Dollarius

RE: [split] [suggestion] maintain original name...
Sure man!
That would be a really great option!
Because of I use to rename all my contacts, at the very moment I cannot read their real nicks...
To read them the only way I found is to open 2 chats (with the tabbed chats option turned on), because the name on the tab is the REAL contact name and not the RENAMED one.

When the "renaming contact" feature was not property of wlm, but of Plus! there was the option to append the REAL name of the contact after the renamed one.
Would u please add that feature to a new version of Plus!
Or could someone code a script to do that?!
I'm not so able in coding scritps for msgpluslive so I don't know if it's possible by a script...but if it is, I hope someone will do it ;)
06-02-2007 09:43 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
I think we must request this feature from WLM Team since nicknaming feature is WLM's own feature, not Messenger Plus!'s. So everyone can benefit it including people who doesn't use MsgPlus!

I think the idea and implementation of it to WLM itself would be great!
06-03-2007 03:51 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Dollarius

Yeah man, but would u think that microsoft developers would listen to our suggestions?!
I don't think so...they don't have a community like this one, wich is so active..
If it's possible, would surely be better if Patchou does it :D (Yet another reason to get MsgPlus!)
06-04-2007 04:16 PM
markee
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
#4. Where is the rename a contact function?
This function has been removed because Windows Live Messenger has the same functionality. If Microsoft doesn't improve the function, you might see it back in a newer version!

But.. Microsoft's function saves the data on the server, allowing you to sign in whereever you are (as long as you're using WLM) and still having the names.. So yes, it's a task to re-add the names, but it's worth it

That can be found in Read first! Messenger Plus! Live FAQ
[Image: markee.png]
06-05-2007 12:14 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: