What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Polygamy & Sharing Folders Problem

Polygamy & Sharing Folders Problem
Author: Message:
RDJ379

O.P. Huh?  Polygamy & Sharing Folders Problem
I've got a problem that I guess others have as well which that I can only access the Sharing Folders for one of my accounts whilst using Polygamy. Is there a way round this that I can access them all at the same time? Many Thanks. :)

This post was edited on 06-05-2007 at 01:46 PM by RDJ379.
06-05-2007 01:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Polygamy & Sharing Folders Problem
C:\Documents and Settings\<Windows user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger

In here, there is a hidden file which is named 'activesharingfolder.dat' and I think it is created while you are starting a session on WLM. So when you sign in with your second ID, it is replaced with that second one and you must lose your previous ID's Sharing Folder access. But I think you can always access that directory and view files according to your Windows Live ID.

I wonder something. You are trying to open your Sharing Folders for both accounts through Messenger, aren't you? (I didn't test it but it may work in this way) Note that if you are trying through the icon on My Computer window, it may only direct you to the last session's Sharing Folders.

EDIT: maybe Patchou was talking about this problem in "As this procedure is not supported by Microsoft, Messenger may not function properly if this option is activated."

Edit2: One paragraph was struck out after being tested.

This post was edited on 04-06-2008 at 09:17 AM by ahmetgns.
06-05-2007 02:59 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: