What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Invisible window in tabbed chat

Invisible window in tabbed chat
Author: Message:
D_xtreme93

O.P. Invisible window in tabbed chat
ok but now im running into a completely different problem. when switching through my tabbed chats occasionally one of them becomes invisible. if i type anything and press enter the contact still receives it but the only thing i see on my screen is watever window was opened behind the tabbes convos. for me to see the convo i have to minimize it from the taskbar and then reopen it again.  does this have anything to do with the hidden window or windows' shell style?
This usually comes up when i have about 5 convos open and i repeatedly use the ctrl +tab keys to cycle thru each of the windows.. eventually one of them becomes invisible. or if i have about 5 or more convos open and click the show desktop icon from the task bar.. wen i go back to my convos i usually find the scroll bar is missing and i have the invisible window problem

This post was edited on 06-21-2007 at 01:09 AM by WDZ.
05-31-2007 11:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Invisible window in tabbed chat
quote:
Originally posted by D_xtreme93
ok but now im running into a completely different problem. when switching through my tabbed chats occasionally one of them becomes invisible. if i type anything and press enter the contact still receives it but the only thing i see on my screen is watever window was opened behind the tabbes convos. for me to see the convo i have to minimize it from the taskbar and then reopen it again.  does this have anything to do with the hidden window or windows' shell style?
Probably. And as a first wild guess I would say because you're cycling to quickly and thus Plus! (or Windows) can't follow with processing the Windows messages or something. Again, this is a very wild guess though...

Although the Tabbed Chat feature has its limitations (and always will have I suppose), what you described is reported before IIRC.

The trouble with this is that it isn't easy to reproduce and not consistant. eg: when I try it, I don't have that error. So I can't confirm it :(...

But, if you know any other ways to reproduce it, do share it ;)

This post was edited on 06-18-2007 at 03:56 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-18-2007 03:54 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
D_xtreme93

O.P. RE: Invisible window in tabbed chat
i thought that may have been the problem (cycling too quickly between chats) but sometimes when Im in 1 convo and i click another 1 in the tab that window becomes invisible as well. the cycling thing is just a 100% way to make it show up. the other way i jus described with clicking 1 of the convos in the tab, is completely random and doesn't always show up. when it does though, it stays.
06-20-2007 05:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: