What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Parrot Script suggestion

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Parrot Script suggestion
Author: Message:
Bram

here I am

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. Parrot Script suggestion
Here is a really good suggestion for Plus! First we want to make it with a script, butt it is not possible or is it? If it is, contact me (by email or Private Message).

It is a Messenger Plus! Live Parrot Script idea (see logo)

How it works:

- I listen to a song with iTunes or WMP, you see it in my PSM and wondering how the song sounds.

- You type to me /listen or /parrot

- My Messenger Plus! Live recognises that code and record the current audio i hear (for about 10 sec) of me.

- It sends the recorded audio to you (by Voiceclip or Emotion Sound, depends on what a selected in the preferences)

What do you members think of it?

.jpg File Attachment: parrot-logo.jpg (10.72 KB)
This file has been downloaded 244 time(s).

This post was edited on 06-06-2007 at 11:44 AM by Bram.
06-06-2007 11:26 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
KatieScarlett
Disabled Account

35 / – / Flag
RE: Parrot Script suggestion
It's pretty cool, but eh? I don't think you can control Emoticon Sounds, but you still can count on Voice Clips! :)
Scripters, anyone?

KatieScarlett.
06-06-2007 11:40 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Bram

here I am

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Parrot Script suggestion
quote:
Originally posted by KatieScarlett
It's pretty cool, but eh?

You like the logo? If the script is complete there comes a site and more ...

This post was edited on 06-06-2007 at 11:45 AM by Bram.
06-06-2007 11:45 AM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
I think idea is good but it should work through Voice Clips. Because Emotion Sounds are something different and should always make a meaning when other people download them from the database randomly (also naming, categorizing and assigning a language are other problems with emotion sounds). Also we mustn't spam MsgPlus! Sound Database with such temporary sounds.

Another issue; will our contacts allow us or not for such an automatic stealing? This should be in Messenger Plus! because our contacts may not have the necessary script on their Messengers.

About the logo: I couldn't understand why you tried to make a special logo for this feature? Also it doesn't resemble a parrot :P maybe must be more colorful.
06-06-2007 12:40 PM
KatieScarlett
Disabled Account

35 / – / Flag
Ehh, I think Bram should use the commands with the "!", which allows remote sending of stuff from Messenger, i.e. There are some scripts in the Scripts DB which uses that type of commands, and as I said earlier about the Voice Clips, they'll be a better choice of course for quite many reasons.

It's our contacts' choice to listen to a short part of the song we're listening to, so they will probably allow us. Btw, why do you call it 'stealing'? :S
Since songs are copyrighted already, you are not sending them to your contact, but just one bit of them.

One more note, The logo looks pretty much like a parrot, and I don't think Bram wanted it to look literally like one. Anyways, why is it so huge? ^o)

KatieScarlett.
06-06-2007 01:04 PM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
I think idea is good but it should work through Voice Clips. Because Emotion Sounds are something different and should always make a meaning when other people download them from the database randomly (also naming, categorizing and assigning a language are other problems with emotion sounds). Also we mustn't spam MsgPlus! Sound Database with such temporary sounds.
Agreed.

quote:
Another issue; will our contacts allow us or not for such an automatic stealing? This should be in Messenger Plus! because our contacts may not have the necessary script on their Messengers.
Bram was suggesting that other users can ask you (as you have the script) for the sound sample, not the other way around.

quote:
bout the logo: I couldn't understand why you tried to make a special logo for this feature? Also it doesn't resemble a parrot :p maybe must be more colorful.
Looks like a parrot to me, the head and tail resemble a parrot!
Oh, and the fact that it looks awfully similar to an image I found at Google Images
[Image: attachment.php?pid=824810]

.jpg File Attachment: parrots.jpg (57.04 KB)
This file has been downloaded 528 time(s).

This post was edited on 06-06-2007 at 01:08 PM by Volv.
06-06-2007 01:06 PM
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Ehh, I think Bram should use the commands with the "!",
Script comands must start with "/"!!!

About the "stealing problem", I think that most people uses P2P like Mtorrent, emule and others, so... What's the problem in sending some parts of files to a contact???

Another thing... Using the voice clip, you can be more Free to use the script with all contacts (including those who don't have Plus!). Sending Plus!'s Emotion Sound, limitates to only people who has Plus! hear the sounds...

About the logo: I liked it how it was first (in grey).

And about the script: Liked the idea too (Y)

Little suggestion: Record 30 sec of a music... We can hear it better :D

This post was edited on 06-06-2007 at 01:58 PM by MicroWay.
06-06-2007 01:53 PM
KatieScarlett
Disabled Account

35 / – / Flag
We can't record any longer than 8 seconds,
and my point in the "!" thing is about the other contact not the owner of the script, because we don't want them to be FORCED to get Plus! so
they can send those commands.

KatieScarlett.
06-06-2007 02:29 PM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
One other thing, if you're recording the sound output then there's a possibility that other sounds which your computer makes while the voice clip is being made may interfere in the voice clip.
06-06-2007 02:37 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Parrot Script suggestion
I found some logic flaw here.

Bram said that, A was listening to the music and his contact B wanted to hear a sample of it. So according to Bram's suggestion, B will write the command /listen and A's Messenger will recognize that command and make a voice clip and send it to B. Here, the person who has to have some special tool for this automatic sending is A. So why the hell shall B send the command and wait for the sample? B can simply ask for the sample and A can record a voice clip manually (or at least A can use the /listen command for automatic recording)and send it.

If this script will work in which the way Bram suggested then this script will be very strange. Because it won't be used by us but, actually our script we downloaded will be used by others. And we must inform them about the existence of the script which we have by writing something like this "If you want to get a sample of my Current Media, send /listen command to me".
quote:
We can't record any longer than 8 seconds,
and my point in the "!" thing is about the other contact not the owner of the script, because we don't want them to be FORCED to get Plus! so they can send those commands.
Why 8 sec? You were among the people who want this script to work through Voice Clips. Also either / or !, it doesn't make any difference. Although my opinion has changed about this script, I can say that people can always send / or ! commands, whether they have Plus! or not. Because the program which will recognize the command is not B's Messenger but it is A's Messenger.

This post was edited on 06-06-2007 at 05:04 PM by ahmetgns.
06-06-2007 03:28 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: