What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Codes

Codes
Author: Message:
x_Sweet-Salmon_x

30 / Female / –
O.P. Huh?  Codes
I don't know what version of Messenger Plus i have but i have got windows live messenger 8.1 and the plus is the newest one.

I asked my friend to press alt + 3 to make this heart (♥) but this thingy came up saying:

<myfriendsname> grabs <myname> gets real close and plants a DEEP, WET, passionate kiss (K)(K)(K). WOW!!!!!  that was great! (L)

How do you do it ? I tried those quick texts thingies and they ddn't work fir me and that (!ver) thing didn't work either !

Can someone help me please :)
06-06-2007 05:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lux

=\

– / Male / Flag
RE: Codes
i can't get you very uch....i think u need to type in capital letters....commands are

(!N). (!M) etc.....
06-06-2007 06:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Zahid™

– / Male / Flag
You can type "/me" and then your message or click on the plus icons in the conversation window > Quick Texts
[Image: Zahid.png]
06-06-2007 06:37 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
x_Sweet-Salmon_x

30 / Female / –
O.P. RE: Codes
quote:
Originally posted by Luka88bg
i can't get you very uch....i think u need to type in capital letters....commands are

(!N). (!M) etc.....

I do it in capitals and it doesn't work !
06-08-2007 03:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by x_Sweet-Salmon_x
I asked my friend to press alt + 3 to make this heart (&#9829;) but this thingy came up saying:

<myfriendsname> grabs <myname> gets real close and plants a DEEP, WET, passionate kiss (K)(K)(K). WOW!!!!!  that was great! (L)

How do you do it ?
To enter special characters using their ASCII code, you need to use the <ALT> key in combination with the ASCII code....

But in many programs the <ALT> key has a total different meaning, and thus entering ASCII codes like that wont always work.

With MSN Messenger, in combination with Messenger Plus! 3, there are global shortcuts which are defined as <ALT+1>, <ALT+2>, <ALT+3>, etc... (this can be turned off though, but by default they are turned on). So by pressing <ALT+3>, instead of entering a special ASCII character you actually invoke a shorcut and its associated command. And that is what happened...

In Messenger Plus! 3, the <ALT+3> shortcut is associated with the third Quick Text you have set in your Messenger Plus! preferences.

And apparently your friend still has the default Quick Texts in his Messenger Plus! preferences, being:
  • <ALT+1> or the command /slap:
    /me slaps (!N) with a large smelly tuna fish)
  • <ALT+2> or the command /chocolatebar:
    /me offers a (!FC5)(!FB)milk chocolate bar(!FB)(!FC) to (!FC4)(!N)
  • <ALT+3> or the command /bigkiss:
    /me grabs (!FC39)(!N)(!FC) gets real close and plants a (!FC38)DEEP, WET, passionate kiss (K)(K)(K). (!FC39)(!FB)WOW!!!!!(!FB) that was great! (L)
(these are the default quick texts for Messenger Plus! 3)

So, for example, entering the command /slap in a conversation window will actually send:
/me slaps (!N) with a large smelly tuna fish
The same will happen when you press <ALT+1>...

Note: in Messenger Plus! Live, there is only one default quick texts anymore:
/me slaps (!N) with a large smelly tuna fish

---------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by x_Sweet-Salmon_x
I tried those quick texts thingies and they ddn't work fir me and that (!ver) thing didn't work either !
Quick Texts can be different for everybody since you can set them yourself the way you like (but by default, and only in Messenger Plus! 3, the first three quick texts are the ones listed above).

So first you need to define your own quick texts:

If you're using Messenger Plus! 3:
Plus! menu > Preferences > Message Helpers > Quick Texts > ...
There you can add your own quick text and enable or disable the shortcuts (starting with <ALT>) and define a short command (like /bigkiss for example).

If you're using Messenger Plus! Live:
Plus! menu > Preferences > Conversations > Quick Texts > Add...
There you can add your own quick text and define your own shortcut for it (starting with <CTRL>), or define a short command (like /bigkiss for example).

Once this is done, you also need to enable the use of commands and tags in Messenger Plus!:

If you're using Messenger Plus! 3:
Plus! menu > Preferences > Message Helpers > Commands & Keys > Allow the use of commands and tags

If you're using Messenger Plus! Live:
Plus! menu > Preferences > Conversations > Main > Enable commands (special messages beginning with "/")

The enabling of commands also enables the use of tags like (!N), (!M), (!VER), (!IP), etc.

---------------------------

Commands (and thus also quick texts) are not case sensetive (thus /BigKiss is the same as /BIGkiss).
However, tags are case sensetive and must always be uppercased (thus (!VER), not (!ver)).
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-08-2007 06:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: