What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Custom Popup Menus

Custom Popup Menus
Author: Message:
splinter98

– / Male / –
O.P. Custom Popup Menus
I have just started learning JScript and the MsgPlus Scripting API and have, for the last few days, been writing some code (which I might release when I have finished it).

But I was wondering if it is possible and how to go about coding a popup menu that would be triggered via an OnWindowidEvent_LstViewRClicked.

I have searched the forums and searched the documentation for anything remotely linking towards this and so far haven't found a script that does something similar, (Yes I know you can produce one with a MenuButton, but can you without?).

This would help with the functionality of my script as well as would provide and easy to use interface that is clean without loads of buttons or lots of mouse clicks.

Thanks in advance

Splinter98
06-07-2007 04:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Custom Popup Menus
This can be done by using advanced scripting methods. You'll have to create a popup menu using CreatePopupMenu, add items to it and use the TrackPopupMenu function to let it pop up and retrieve the clicked item. I'll try to make a snippet for that, hang on...

Here you go! :)

This post was edited on 06-07-2007 at 05:39 PM by Matti.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
06-07-2007 05:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Custom Popup Menus
Matty's reply to Shell_NotifyIconW Example
06-07-2007 05:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
splinter98

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Custom Popup Menus
Thanks for the code I have tried it and confirmed that it works :D

The best bit about the code was that it wasn't 'off the shelf' which meant that just implementing the code as it stood, it would not work.

All the Window ID's don't relate to each other (For the same Window ID), one function uses MyWindow, another uses WndSubclass - that would be due to basing it on other codes and cobbling it all together but does make the user require to edit it which I believe is good way to how to learn how the code works and the language API.

I hope that makes sense.

Splinter98

Edit: Next Challenge is to integrate Submenus - Not necessary for my scirpt needed but might be useful for someone else (even for the TrayIcon script)

This post was edited on 06-07-2007 at 07:42 PM by splinter98.
06-07-2007 07:09 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: