What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Problem with created sounds

Problem with created sounds
Author: Message:
Sliv3r

O.P. Problem with created sounds
Hi all,
I have a problem with my own created sounds. The standard sounds and the sounds, which I receive from my friends I can hear and also send to them back and they hear it. But when I create my own sounds from an existing file and send them to my friends, I can hear them but they cannot, they see only the code for example [sound] - Data{4BE04F1D1188} - ND - You Suffer. My friends to which I have sended my created sounds have all plus, so thats not the problem.
I hope you can help me...
06-24-2007 04:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Problem with created sounds
There is a variety of things that could be wrong here, and I'm no expert with the custom sounds feature, but I can touch upon it.

Are the sounds you are attempting to send the same? Is it the same file? There may be a problem with that file, which Plus! cannot convert (I believe the LAME MP3 encoder is used).

It could be your contacts have the option not to receive sounds, or download them without clicking a button. Tell them they have to press play, or turn the option on :);

[Image: attachment.php?pid=830504]

.png File Attachment: custom_emoticon_sounds_options.png (6.59 KB)
This file has been downloaded 190 time(s).
06-24-2007 05:40 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
Mine is only a workaround.

When you are sending your new sound for the first time, does a message which is saying "The sound is being sent to the server" appear?

Try this: Create a new sound, enter your sound library, find that new sound and select it, press Edit button, change its name and press Update Server button. If server is updated successfully then try to send it to your friends, and get feedback from them. Sorry if this suggestion is too silly :$
06-25-2007 08:27 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Sliv3r
Hi all,
I have a problem with my own created sounds. The standard sounds and the sounds, which I receive from my friends I can hear and also send to them back and they hear it. But when I create my own sounds from an existing file and send them to my friends, I can hear them but they cannot, they see only the code for example [sound] - Data{4BE04F1D1188} - ND - You Suffer. My friends to which I have sended my created sounds have all plus, so thats not the problem.
I hope you can help me...

If it happens only occasionally it could mean that the sound servers are busy. At least that is what happened in older Plus! versions. Dunno if it still could happen...

It could also happen when your contact has some word filtering on recieved text and filters on "says:", this mostly happened in older Plus! versions too. But it could also happen with scripts and even certain skins which change the "says" word inproperly.

Do your contacts have any skin installed?
Do they use any other plugin other than Messenger Plus!?

I find it really strange that other sounds do work (the sounds they have sent to you first and which you send back), and that it is only the new sounds you create which produce this result.

BTW: is it really "[sound] - Data{xxx} - xxx" what they recieve? Or is it actually: "[Messenger Plus! Sound] - Data{xxx} - xxx"? If they really recieve "[sound]", then that would explain why they don't see the links as "[sound]" is not the normal special string which should be recieved.

This post was edited on 06-25-2007 at 11:09 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-25-2007 10:56 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sliv3r

O.P. RE: Problem with created sounds
i don't know exactly what they have become...they send it to me, but it could also be messenger plus sound.
actually....some sounds which i create do work...but some do not. they are all mp3 format, so they should be the same.
i tried this with many people and the don't have plugins or skins...at least one of them has not. and they have definitely the options on.
@absorbation: what do you mean with "are the sounds the same?"
"The sound is being sent to the server" does appear when i send a created sound.
06-26-2007 08:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: