What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » MP!Live's event viewer looks like MP!3's event viewer when WLM freezes, why?

MP!Live's event viewer looks like MP!3's event viewer when WLM freezes, why?
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Huh?  MP!Live's event viewer looks like MP!3's event viewer when WLM freezes, why?
When my Windows Live Messenger freezes at signing-in, Messenger Plus!'s Event Viewer window looks very strange for that while. (Sorry, I couldn't take a screenshot even if I pressed the PrintScreen button, because computer was not responding).

I always display Event Viewer window with WLM. But when WLM freezes, that Event Viewer also freezes for a while and it is displayed with a very strange look. (This is third time that I experienced this).

Normally full title of Event Viewer window is : Messenger Plus! Live - Event Viewer . But if it freezes the a bar appears on top of it and title on it : Event Viewer - Messenger Plus!

I have Messenger Plus! 3 on my computer also but I checked the language file of Messenger Plus! 3 for "Event Viewer - Messenger Plus!" but I couldn't find that title.

Also, the cross x to close the Event Viewer window is displayed like the old Messenger Plus! 3's event viewer window's cross button. (you know, it is smaller than normal Windows' windows' ones.)

Also I can't say anything about inside Event Viewer windows because they're displayed white during the freezing.

I wonder what can be the reason. Why is a Messenger Plus! Live window displayed very similar to old Messenger Plus! 3 window when WLM freezes? Hasn't Messenger Plus! Live been fully recoded?

This post was edited on 06-23-2007 at 10:41 PM by ahmetgns.
06-23-2007 10:40 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
lizard.boy
Veteran Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: MP!Live's event viewer looks like MP!3's event viewer when WLM freezes, why?
Probably because Patchou based the new event viewer on the old event viewer, and wraps it with the WLM style Windows.

Windows XP has a weird quirk where stylized windows will show up as normal XP styled windows when the program hangs. (It also happens with office 2007, iTunes, Quicktime, and WMP just to name a few.)
06-23-2007 11:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: MP!Live's event viewer looks like MP!3's event viewer when WLM freezes, why?
For the fourth experience, I could have taken a screenshot at last. Language is not English but you can still understand.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=830417]

.png File Attachment: freeze.PNG (97.1 KB)
This file has been downloaded 256 time(s).

This post was edited on 06-24-2007 at 11:58 AM by ahmetgns.
06-24-2007 09:18 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: MP!Live's event viewer looks like MP!3's event viewer when WLM freezes, why?
That's just the generic window without the "Plus! skin" applied, just like the contactwindow doesn't have it's own skin applied either. This happens with almost every skinned window that hangs, like lizard.boy said, nothing special.

The window title being different from the skinned window title isn't strange either. The title you see when Event Viewer hangs is the internal name of the window which Windows uses the identify the window. You can see that with your own eyes:
- Open the Plus! Event Viewer
- Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to open Task Manager
- Go to the Applications tab (first one)
- You'll see "Event Viewer - Messenger Plus!" as a running task (or in your case the Turkish version.

The same thing goes for almost every Plus! window, the internal window title is different from the skinned window title in a lot of places. It has nothing todo with using old code from Plus! 3.x, i think it is done this way because the internal window titles are easier to identify in your taskbar when only the first part of the window title is shown.

And please resize your images:
code:
[url=[attachment]][img=512x384][attachment][/img][/url]

This post was edited on 06-24-2007 at 11:10 AM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
06-24-2007 11:04 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: