What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Deleting Blocked Contacts

Deleting Blocked Contacts
Author: Message:
horridlittleman

O.P. Deleting Blocked Contacts
I have a number of contacts who I have blocked and deleted.  However in options/privacy/allowed list they are still showing in the "not allowed" box.  How do I remove them?
06-25-2007 09:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Deleting Blocked Contacts
When you block a contact, it will be moved to the "not allow" list as that is exactly what blocking means. The "not allow" list is your blocking list.

When you delete a contact from the contact list the contact is not deleted from your allow list and/or block list.

To complete remove a contact the contact must also delete you from his own contact list. When this happens you will notice that when you right click on a contact in the allow/block list the option "delete" will be available. Only when this option is available you can completely remove the contact.

PS: completely removing the contacts will also mean that your block on them will be lifted! This means that if you don't have "only contacts on my allow list can see my status" ticked those contacts will again be able to contact you.

If you have that option ticked it means that those contacts will again be able to add you to their contact list and you will again recieve the "add this contact" dialog box which you need to confirm or not. If you don't confirm, the contacts will again be placed in your "not allow" list and thus be blocked.

This post was edited on 06-25-2007 at 10:08 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-25-2007 10:04 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
horridlittleman

O.P. RE: Deleting Blocked Contacts
Cheers.  So unless I speak to the other individual to get them to delete me as well their details will remain in my list?
06-25-2007 10:08 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
yep

1) you need to delete them from your contact list (you've already done this)
2) they need to delete you from their contact list
3) you can now remove them from your allow list
4) they can now remove you from their allow list

Note that the syncronization between your lists and your contacts' lists can take a couple of seconds and may even require you to log out and back in.

This post was edited on 06-25-2007 at 10:13 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-25-2007 10:12 AM
kryp2nyt

39 / – / –
So if the person deleted me from his/her contact list, the delete option will be available when I right click his/her name in privacy under block??
06-25-2007 10:35 AM
horridlittleman

O.P. RE: Deleting Blocked Contacts
Cheers.  I won't be able to get rid of my allow list as everybody wants to still be my friend!!!!!!  LOL
06-25-2007 10:38 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: