What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » I need help (all contacts moved to "Others" group)

I need help (all contacts moved to "Others" group)
Author: Message:
zohzoh

O.P. I need help (all contacts moved to "Others" group)
hi all

i have installed MSN/Windows (Live) Messenger , and im facing aproblem which is , ma contacts wher sort in some groups , but one aday thes groups become empty and all of ma contacts are in one group which is others , now i dont know whom im talkin to from ma contact list , so if any can give me hand restore ma contact list as it was beffore " groups " not all in one group " others" , i have tryed to use sorting contact by status but its not function , so please help me

thanks alot

This post was edited on 06-29-2007 at 11:09 PM by WDZ.
06-29-2007 11:34 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
AngelDevil

MsgPlus! Script Developer

34 / Male / Flag
RE: I need help
In the Windows Live Messenger menu, click in Actions then add your group in the list. After this, with a right click in each contact select Group options and Move in..., then select the destination group
http://www.amicogeek.it - Technology blog!
06-29-2007 12:00 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: I need help (all contacts moved to "Others" group)
If all your contacts were moved to "others" it probably just indicates that Messenger couldn't retrieve your group names from the server. In most cases this will simply fix itself after a while (and after you've signed out and back in) when Messenger can syncronize itself properly again with the servers.

However, it might be possible that as soon as you start to alter anything to your contactlist while all your contacts are in the "others" group, like AngelDevil suggested, that Messenger tries to update the contactlist on the server (which was maybe still good) with the one you now have on Messenger (which is wrong).
And as such you wont have any chance anymore that it would fix by itself.... (this is just a guess though, but it is based upon what I've also experienced before where it was fixed automatically after a while. And on another occasion where I manually moved 1 contact, and the rest was not fixed automatically, even after a long while).

So I would suggest to do absolutely nothing at all, and just wait a couple of days! Don't attempt to manually fix it... Only when it didn't fixed itself after a couple of days and after many sign-ins and outs and Messenger restarts, I would start to manually put everything back as it was....

This post was edited on 06-29-2007 at 11:46 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-29-2007 11:41 PM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: I need help (all contacts moved to "Others" group)
Happened to me before, didnt fix. I had to rearrange all my 400contacts myself :sad:.
06-29-2007 11:43 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: