What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Copying settings to new computer

Copying settings to new computer
Author: Message:
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Copying settings to new computer
quote:
Originally posted by AngelDevil
Use MSN Backup:

http://www.baisoft.it/download/msnbackup121src.zip

I don't remember if you can do this without have the old Messenger unistalled.. for a complete guide read http://www.baisoft.it/msnbackup_english.asp
That will probably only work if they are using the old HDD as the primary drive.  The only way for you to reclaim these is to use a manual method unfortunately.  Have a look at CookieRevised's reply to Where does MSN store it's avatars? this post will tell you how to get your Display Pictures and Custom Emoticons.

Winks are very hard and something that I have not come across unless in a program to get them (though I'm sure there is a way).

You just need to locate the folder in which you stored your message history before and it will all be there (I think it is by default X:\Documents and Settings\User account\My Documents\My Chat Logs where X:\ is the drive that your old hard drive is now).

The only way to get your settings is to be able to get into the registry of the windows version on the old Hard Drive.  You are just much better off doing them over IMHO.

Sorry for the unfortunate news about it all, I guess it just shows that we should all make more back-ups while it is possible.
[Image: markee.png]
06-29-2007 01:16 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Copying settings to new computer - by owlart on 06-29-2007 at 11:38 AM
RE: Copying settings to new computer - by AngelDevil on 06-29-2007 at 12:05 PM
RE: Copying settings to new computer - by markee on 06-29-2007 at 01:16 PM
RE: Copying settings to new computer - by owlart on 06-30-2007 at 08:02 PM
RE: Copying settings to new computer - by Supersonicdarky on 06-30-2007 at 08:39 PM
RE: Copying settings to new computer - by nabikilr on 08-11-2007 at 10:13 PM
RE: Copying settings to new computer - by exbox on 08-13-2007 at 05:19 PM
RE: RE: Copying settings to new computer - by pollolibredegrasa on 08-13-2007 at 05:56 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: