What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Read before post a help request for WLM errors

Read before post a help request for WLM errors
Author: Message:
AngelDevil

MsgPlus! Script Developer

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. Read before post a help request for WLM errors
Many users are posting in this forum for search solutions for Windows Live Messenger error. If your Windows Live Messenger have a problem, if you can't login on it, if an error message appear READ THIS POST before post your help request.

The first choice to restore the best messenger configuration is to install this italian program: MSN Repair.

MSN Repair (created by Valentino Marangi) is a software that restore corrupted registry keys and errors in Windows Live Messenger library.

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.valentinomarangi.com/click/click.php?id=1

It removed many errors, like:

- Error 80072ee6
- Error 80048820
- Error 81000314
- Error 80040111
- Error 800b0001
- Error 81000370

just with a click.

Another important thing that you have to do is REMOVE ALL PATCH FROM YOUR MESSENGER (A-Patch, Messenger Discovery! Live) and it's important DO NOT INSTALL AN OLD VERSION because often it don't resolve the problem.

For a login problem, the best solutions is to enter in Regedit (Start/Run/regedit.exe) and remove this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER - Software - Microsoft - MSNMessenger - Policies

:D

http://www.amicogeek.it - Technology blog!
06-29-2007 06:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: Read before post a help request for WLM errors
wtf, a simple repair could fix that.... i don't see the use or would download it.
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
06-29-2007 08:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
All that is waaaaaaaaay to vague.

That program will not work for some situations. And in the cases it can fix the problem, the problem would have been fixed also when you simply clicked "repear" in Messenger when the error pops up, like Voldemort said.

Also, not all of those problems have the same solution. Not to mention that removing registry keys is NOT going to help for a lot of sign in problems!
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-30-2007 12:32 AM
AngelDevil

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Read before post a help request for WLM errors
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
All that is waaaaaaaaay to vague.

Yeees? And all the post in this forum are not vague?? Someone help others user to resolve a problem, there isn't a perfect way...

quote:
That program will not work for some situations. And in the cases it can fix the problem, the problem would have been fixed also when you simply clicked "repear" in Messenger when the error pops up, like Voldemort said.

I use Messenger everyday, and when an error occurs I never find a button with "Repear" (??) label... please indicate it me...

quote:
Also, not all of those problems have the same solution. Not to mention that removing registry keys is NOT going to help for a lot of sign in problems!

It's a right statement, but what happen if a user try it first? Many italian user, not ONE, I'm talking of 15000 and more users, resolving Messenger problems with this software, because the error often was caused by a blundered uninstallation of a Messenger add-on, exspecially Messenger Discovery! Live that generated many errors with its bad unistall program. :P

I never think that this software is DIVINE and it resolve all problems, because all know that a software error can be caused from varied motives..

Try it does not harm, above all if a user have tried ALL possible solutions but the problem remain.

This post was edited on 06-30-2007 at 09:26 AM by AngelDevil.
06-30-2007 09:22 AM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Read before post a help request for WLM errors
quote:
Originally posted by AngelDevil
quote:

I use Messenger everyday, and when an error occurs I never find a button with "Repear" (??) label... please indicate it me...

Have you ever used the connection troubleshooter and seen it there?

Nine times out of ten the connection troubleshooteer will solve your problem or link you to official repair methods which have worked time and time again.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
06-30-2007 09:36 AM
AngelDevil

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: RE: RE: Read before post a help request for WLM errors
quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid

Have you ever used the connection troubleshooter and seen it there?

Nine times out of ten the connection troubleshooteer will solve your problem or link you to official repair methods which have worked time and time again.

Have you ever tried it????
I have used it many times, and never it solve my problem.

quote:
Originally posted by Fra in DownloadBlog.it (http://www.downloadblog.it/post/2680/windows-live-messenger-fix)
Talking about the Policies registry key

funziona davvero!! grandi!!
E pensare che avevo scritto anche all'assistenza che mi aveva risposto che conosceva il problema e ci stavano lavorando ma non sapevano quando sarebbero riusciti a risolverlo….maaahhh…

Grazie
Fra

Translation

it really works!! greats!!
And think that I've sent (an email) to the assistance, too, that had answered me that knowed the problem and they are working about it but didn't knowed when they would have succeeded to solve it.. maaah

It's actual a good service, like all Microsoft services.. ^o)

This post was edited on 06-30-2007 at 10:29 AM by AngelDevil.
06-30-2007 10:26 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Many italian user, not ONE, I'm talking of 15000 and more users, resolving Messenger problems with this software,
Erm... I think that is extremely exaggerated....

----

In many cases where errors pop up because of server related issues, people have complaint to MS. after a few days, MS on its turn says they are working on it. Again after a few days, the user then complains on forums and such that MS didn't helped him and the user downloads something (like this tool) or uses some other 'fix' and it suddenly works. The user then posts a "thank you" to the creator of the tool...

But the fact is that those 'tools' didn't solved the problem, as the problem was already solved by MS.

In many other situations, the user doesn't even know about temporary server hickups or proper official solutions or whatever and follows some random advise on some forum. While the problem would have been solved by a simpel sign out/sign in, or Windows restart or whatever. Again the 'tools' or suggestions didn't do a thing, though the user thinks it did...

In other situations (in fact most situations) all the user needed to do was to follow the repair option given to him. Or simply going to the connection wizard and troubleshooter directly. Again nothing different than such 'tools' can do, but without the need and risk of downloading something unofficially and extra.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If your tool focusses on fixing a problem with Messenger Discovery then describe it as such and not as "a 'magic' tool which fixes all these errors and more".

The same goes for that "For a login problem, the best solutions is to remove MSNMessenger\Policies". Not only is this NOT the best solution, it is also not the most common fix, it will only work in some specific situations. AND that registry key isn't even valid for Windows Live Messenger, only for MSN Messenger, etc, etc....

My point is that it is great that people try to provide tools and fixes for things, so don't get me wrong. But you should be clearly describe what it does in detail (eg: if you claim it fixes registry errors then describe what registry errors and what it does to 'fix' it) and also what it does not! Claiming it solves "many/most" errors is extremely inaccurate and false.

And before people use such tools they should be encourage to follow the official procedures first, not last! Not only to provide MS automatically with info to the problem so they can permanently fix it, but also because the official solutions do work, if followed correctly (which is also a common problem for people - quite often they do not follow the procedures correctly or don't know how-)!

--------------

PS: oh, and although Help & Support can be made a bit better, they do provide usefull info and proper solutions. But as said before, a common problem is that people don't follow their advise properly. They don't follow all the steps, they think they already did something and don't do it again, or they already think it wouldn't solve it anyways and don't follow the steps in the first place. Also, Help & Support can only give good advise if people explain their problem in detail and properly. Quite often people don't do that either and then are surprised that they don't get the answer they expected... (all this can be seen on forums too).

This post was edited on 07-03-2007 at 06:21 PM by CookieRevised.
07-03-2007 06:19 PM
AngelDevil

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Read before post a help request for WLM errors
You are more expert then me.. my is only a suggestion.. if you say that it's a bad software, I accept this... I'm not the author! For the 15000 users, I wrong a thing.. not 15000 people resolve the problem with this software, but 15000 downloaded it and most of them resolve the problem.. sorry!
07-03-2007 07:38 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by AngelDevil
if you say that it's a bad software, I accept this..
oh, no, don't... I mean, I don't find it bad at all... (I expressed myself a bit wrong before maybe).

I meant you should describe it better and in more detail: what it exactly does for which specific errors.

Thus don't say "it fixes all these errors and more", but:
- First try to official way to fix you error (you know, like follow instructions of the connection wizard and troubleshooter, etc)
- And in case that fails, you could try this tool as it will attempt to fix error X by doing
   a) blahblah
   b) yaddayadda
   c) tralalalala

in that way people will know what it does (if they want to know) and more people would be confident to downoad this 'unknown' big file. They also would know that it isn't a mgic thing which would solve all problems (and thus wont complain as much when it doesn't fix their problem).

;)

PS: downloads don't say a thing though. Especially not if it is linked on very big sites (like it is on several). And especially not if the tool is described so vaguely and 'promisses' to do much. Of course many people are going to download it in that case. But that does not mean:
a) ...they ever used it
b) ...if they used it, it worked
c) ...if it worked, they couldn't have solved their problems in the 'official' way without the need to download a strange unknown 500kb program which does unknown things to the registry.

This post was edited on 07-05-2007 at 09:42 AM by CookieRevised.
07-03-2007 08:12 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: