What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN Tracker : Logs online offline activity of your buddies in last 24 hours

MSN Tracker : Logs online offline activity of your buddies in last 24 hours
Author: Message:
sahilism

O.P. MSN Tracker : Logs online offline activity of your buddies in last 24 hours
MSN Tracker is a web based application that tracks the online offline activity of your MSN messenger buddies without their knowledge. It tells you about their activity in last 24 hours. The data gets updated automatically after every 10 minutes. MSN tracker is absolutely free, registration takes only seconds.

*MSN Tracker is not a general block checker
*your own username is not needed to use this service
* MSN messenger users will be considered as online even if they are invisible to any number of people (not everyone).
06-30-2007 02:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN Tracker : Logs online offline activity of your buddies in last 24 hours
Messenger plus already has an "event viewer", which can do this and more. :happy:
[Image: dotlukas.gif]
06-30-2007 02:30 PM
sahilism

O.P. RE: MSN Tracker : Logs online offline activity of your buddies in last 24 hours
but MSN tracker tracks the ids even when you are offline 24x7.
I havent used Messenger plus.. but i think that event viewer logs the data only when you are logged into the messenger.
But this is not the case with MSN tracker.. you just have to register at the site and add ids to be tracked, no matter whether they are in your messenger's list or not. :)
06-30-2007 02:34 PM
andrey
elite shoutboxer

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by trackmsn.com
Please ADD MSN Usernames only, e.g. david_456 instead of david_456@MSN.com
MSN Username? You do know that you can register every email with WLM, not only @msn.com?

And I'm not sure exactly how this works, but I'm guessing it works similar to a blockchecker, and thus is just as inaccurate/useless..
[Image: w2kzw8qp-sq2_dz_b_xmas.png]
06-30-2007 02:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
sahilism

O.P. RE: MSN Tracker : Logs online offline activity of your buddies in last 24 hours
quote:
Originally posted by andrey
quote:
Originally posted by trackmsn.com
Please ADD MSN Usernames only, e.g. david_456 instead of david_456@MSN.com
MSN Username? You do know that you can register every email with WLM, not only @msn.com?

And I'm not sure exactly how this works, but I'm guessing it works similar to a blockchecker, and thus is just as inaccurate/useless..

hi andrey,

Yes you are right any email address can be used in WLM, but MSN Tracker currently supports only @msn and @hotmail usernames. It will support all the email addresses also in near future.

Blockcheckers claim to show you the real status of a person even if he are in invisible mode. MSN Tracker does not claim anything like that. It is just simple clean application that tells you about the last 24 hours activity. It is useful or not depends on person to person.

06-30-2007 04:02 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Please don't spam such a crap service like that...

This "tracker" is absolutely nothing more than a fancy block checker and thus is equally (in)accurate...

If people have the "only people on my allow list can see my status" setting enabled, this will not work in any way. Aka: it is exactly the same as all those block checkers (even worse).

quote:
from the site
MSN messenger users will be considered as online even if they are invisible to any number of people (not everyone).
hu? How on earth can you know if somebody is really online when they are 'hidden'. That is not possible, even when people didn't have the "only people on my allow list can see my status" enabled.

quote:
from the site
Being "on sms" and "on mobile" will also be considerd as online.
Then that is a wrong consideration. They are offline in that case.

quote:
Originally posted by you
Yes you are right any email address can be used in WLM, but MSN Tracker currently supports only @msn and @hotmail usernames.
Why would it only support those and not others? That doesn't make much sense. A Windows Live ID is a Windows Live ID. A @msn, @hotmail (and all other MS related emails, there are a lot more!!!) is no different than any other random one.

quote:
from the site
Enter email to track [Spaces, special characters and dot(.) are not allowed.]
ermm... you do know that a dot is a valid (and always used) character in email addresses, no?

quote:
Originally posted by you
Blockcheckers claim to show you the real status of a person even if he are in invisible mode. MSN Tracker does not claim anything like that.
quote:
from the site
MSN messenger users will be considered as online even if they are invisible to any number of people (not everyone).
Either your definition of 'invisible' is very inconsistant (there isn't even something like 'invisible' on Messenger, it's either "appear offline" or either refering to the privacy option "only people on my allow list...", but anyways), or that quote from the site actually says that MSN Tracker is very very very inaccurate.

------

Unless you explain in detail how this service works, I consider it as a blockchecker which does exactly the same as any other blockchecker (and even in a more inaccurate way, since "mobile"/"sms" is not the same as 'online', etc), and even maybe nothing more than a "gathering emails for spamming"-tool...

PS: I did tested this "service" and it indeed does not work at all. Just as any other blockchecker....

It doesn't detect a user comming online or going offline at all...

Lol, it even says "user was online 20 minutes ago" when I didn't even entered the user's email 5 minutes ago... and that user wasn't even signed in 20 minutes ago :rolleyes:

And as I suspected, when the user has disabled the privacy setting "only people on my contact list can see my status" the service will report (kind of!!) when the user is online or not.. In other words: This is EXACTLY as a blockchecker (so don't claim it isn't) and exactly as inaccurate because you do not know if the user has enabled or disabled that privacy option!....

This post was edited on 06-30-2007 at 07:26 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-30-2007 06:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: