What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » receiving messages on msn mobile

receiving messages on msn mobile
Author: Message:
a_kya_fr

O.P. receiving messages on msn mobile
ok, a lot of my friends can go "mobile" when they're offline...I signed up for msn mobile today, to do the same thing, so that they can send me messages from msn messenger while I have my cell on, but the option "allow people on my contacts list to send messages to my mobile device" in the "tools", "options", "phone", is dimmed out and I can't check it, and when I log off of msn messenger, my status is offline and not mobile (and my cell is on).

why doesn't it work?

I'm using version 8.1, build 8.1.0178.00

also, when I go to "tools", "options", "phone", I don't have the fields to fill in country, and mobile/work/home numbers as many people have talked about in other threads I found....
07-02-2007 03:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
RE: receiving messages on msn mobile
I don't know if helps, but I remember that one friend of my, wnated this service too... She signed up on the MSN mobile and had to enablçe the service on the "phone operator" (the one you pay for your calls  and you recieve the bills of the celphone) -> I forgot the word of the , sorry....

And, when she wanted to cancel, she needed to signed out from MSN mobile and cancel the service on the "celphone operator"... I remember that till she have canceled on the operator, she appeared as a "cellphone" when offline....
07-02-2007 03:09 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
a_kya_fr

O.P. RE: receiving messages on msn mobile
I use rogers wireless, and I don't think the provider has anything to do w/ it, 'cause I went to the rogers web site, and followed their steps to getting msn mobile, and still it doesn't work......

I think msn (or microsoft...whichever one >_>>>) itself has bugs and glitches....as usual -_-

I mean, how is it that my friends appear as "mobile", and I can't?  I signed up the exact same way as they did.
07-02-2007 11:39 PM
a_kya_fr

plus, I even tried going back to messenger 7.5, 'cause I think my friend signed up for mobile w/ 7.5

but that didn't work either......the option "allow people on my contacts list to send...." was still dimmed out.

I deleted my msn mobile account and signed up again over and over, and stilll....nothing.

then I found out that when you sign up, there should be a box that says "my device can receive text messages", but I don't have that on my page.

maybe internet explorer is fooling around w/ smthg?  I dunno >_<
07-02-2007 11:45 PM
MicroWay

Do you want me? Try to get me!

36 / Male / Flag
RE: receiving messages on msn mobile
I didn't mean the Internet Provider, if was that.....
I mean the cellphone operator, the company that you have the cellphone and provides to you the service to use the cellphone.... I realy don't know the name...

Also you can try to ask Microsoft (on Suport), if no answer is given... :S
07-03-2007 01:11 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
a_kya_fr

yeah, the cellphone operator is called provider =)
07-03-2007 11:08 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: