What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » BBCode and old plugins for MsgPlus 3.63

BBCode and old plugins for MsgPlus 3.63
Author: Message:
Madoz

– / – / Flag
O.P. BBCode and old plugins for MsgPlus 3.63
Hi all,

I'm using Windows 2000 with the latest version of MSN Messenger for that OS (7.0) and Messenger Plus! 3.63.

Despite it's working fine, I want to know if a minor version of old Messenger Plus! would be released to support BBCode (I have read this thread but it's from february).

I also want to know what happened with the old plugins database located http://old.msgplus.net/pluginsdb/down/, as it now redirects to home page.

07-02-2007 02:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
RE: BBCode and old plugins for MsgPlus 3.63
probualy not, messenger plus! is no longer in develoupment, just msg plus! live
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6668 days, 1 hour, 6 minutes, 14 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
07-02-2007 02:57 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
Only Patchou can answer if there will be a version of Msg Plus!, but I doubt it. If he updates it, people may start downloading Msg Plus! again and the idea is that he wants people to use the newer Live version. Hope you understand.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
07-02-2007 02:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
No, I don't think a new version will be released. I'm 99.9% sure that Patchou will tell you to download MP!Live and WLM. As for the Plugings database, it was replaced with the Scripts database and I don't think it is currently available and I don't think it will be either. I'm sure MenthiX will post an answer to that query soon (As he manages that as far as I know)
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
07-02-2007 06:05 PM
markee
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by q25
As for the Plugings database, it was replaced with the Scripts database and I don't think it is currently available and I don't think it will be either.
It was not replaced entirely, at first the old site was relocated to http://old.msgplus.net but since then Patchou has removed that completely, my too my disappointment.  I guess there isn't the need for plug-ins as much anymore because there isn't any development for them happening.  To see Patchou's post about it, please look at What happened to old.msgplus.net?

I personally believe that we should have it back for the likes of the plug-in database and just the reference to all of the old information, but apparently this is not so and I guess we have to move on unfortunately.
[Image: markee.png]
07-03-2007 02:27 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Windows Live Messenger does not run on Windows 2000, so he can't use Messenger Plus! Live either.

Eventhough most people are using at least Windows XP now, there are still people using Windows 2000 or whatever else and they aren't always able to update it. Not everybody has the money to buy a new Windows version, or even a PC which can run XP, or not everybody is allowed to update (eg: work PCs), etc...

Why the plugins database was killed (and not simply moved for example), is an even bigger mystery (to me). Messenger Plus! 3 is still available for download because of compatibility reasons (as stated above), so should all the plugins, imho...

I can perfectly understand that Patchou wants people to use Windows Live Messenger (and that there wont be any updates for Messenger Plus! 3 anymore), but there is sometimes no choice at all. And by removing the Plugins database, those people who have no choice are punished (not very user friendly :p).

It is one thing to cut down updates and support for old software, but it's another thing to completely erase software/plugins when there is no other alternative.

my 2 cents
;)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-03-2007 06:46 PM
ItsDeBomb

http://web.archive.org/web/20040612202306/www.msg.../down/pafiledb.php

Works great and does not redirect you as this is not maintained by MSGPLUS.net

This post was edited on 10-14-2007 at 05:02 PM by ItsDeBomb.
10-14-2007 04:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: