What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » new contact added on live, but not there on 7.5

new contact added on live, but not there on 7.5
Author: Message:
87gtNOS

O.P. new contact added on live, but not there on 7.5
Hey guys, ok, here's the story, bear with me!

I was tweaking my step mom's new PC a couple days ago.  She is Chinese.   I turned on her MSN messenger which is the new 'Live' version.   I don't use the new LIVE version personally.   Well, most of the writing is Chinese, because the step mom is Chinese.   When Live signed me in, a window popped up in the top left hand side.   The only part I could read was the name and email address.  Knowing that in MSN 7.5 when this happens, it's the 'this contact wishes to add you' window.   So I click what was the agree (it was in Chinese, but the mom said it said agree!) tab.   Now LIVE put it in a new folder 'other contacts'.  He was OFFLINE.   

Ok, so I get home the next day and turn on MSN 7.5 that I use, and that new contact is not there!   I don't have that 'other contacts' folder either.

So at work today, I still use the old 7.5, but other PC's here have LIVE messenger on them.   I logged onto one of them, and voila!  My new contact is still there in the folder 'other contacts'.

I slid him into one of my other folders and logged off.  Went back to my desk and logged onto 7.5, and he's NOT THERE!!  So I checked on the LIVE messenger again and he's there still, but on 7.5 he's not!

Why is this?!!

I am not familiar with MSN Live.   And this one was Chinese writing.   Could LIVE have simply been telling me that a person in my emails had messenger and wasn't part of my contacts on my messenger and was asking 'ME' if I wanted to add him?  As opposed to him requesting me? 

I'd just ask him, if he was online!

Sorry for the long post!

Thanks for the help!
07-03-2007 01:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Rik

31 / Male / Flag
RE: new contact added on live, but not there on 7.5
I'm not sure if this will work but try it anyway :P
Login to www.mail.live.com , go to contacts and search for the contact that added you.
Click the contact and then on the bar above select from the drop down menu the group you wan't to add it.
Whait a few minutes and Log-out and in from MSN Messenger 7.5, see if it's there. (this using the new Windows Live Hotmail)
07-03-2007 09:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Oxy
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
RE: new contact added on live, but not there on 7.5
Also, make sure it's not a @yahoo address. AFAIK yahoo wont work on 7.5, but will on live.
[Image: dotlukas.gif]
07-03-2007 09:54 PM
87gtNOS

O.P. RE: new contact added on live, but not there on 7.5
Thanks, I tried to move the contact to the group in hotmail.   It shows him there, but it still doesn't show in msn 7.5!!
07-04-2007 12:30 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: