What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Post your "click grid" for the contest

Post your "click grid" for the contest
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Obviously cookie's is cheated....
How is that "obvious"? In fact, it isn't "obvious" at all though...

If you meant the amount of clicks, that is perfectly doable by spending only a few hours a day clicking. If you mean the spreading of the clicks, you can not see if it is done in a human way or automatic way just by that, read on...

;)

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
I have to ask since the contest is over; How/what method did you use to cheat?

Since we didn't know how Patchou would check against cheaters, you had to take some stuff into account (in the end, we all made it way to complicated anyways it seems :p)...

- He could've monitored the time between clicks. And/or comparing it with the time the map was displayed again. In that way you could easly detect auto-cheators which didn't take in account pauses between clicks or which (like it was suggested in one of the threads) 20 seconds between clicks or whatever.

- He could've monitored the some APIs like Sendmessage, etc which couldv'e been used to do the clicking. However, if the old input APIs were used, you couldn't detect the difference between a manual click and a auto-click (so that is what I used to 'click').

- He could've monitored the mouse movent. Many cheat-tools don't bother to move the mouse. So if he detected the position of the mouse before the click (or even a few positions before that), he could easly detected auto-clicks done by APIs (even with the old input API). So my tool moved the mouse to each point instead of jumping to it. The movement was done like a human, sometimes fast, sometimes slow (but always with a somewhat steady speed). The movement was also not straight to the point but diverted a bit (sometimes big sometimes little).

- He could've monitored the time between the 'try again' screen popping up and the click on the 'try again' button. A human would in most circumstances click the button right away (and not like 20 seconds later or something). The same with the play grid popping up again.

This was easly solved by simply subclassing one of the underlying windows and detecting a WM_PAINT. (although he could've montored for subclassing, but I took that gamble :p)

- He could've monitored the positions clicked on the 'try again' button. In that way, I think many cheaters would have been detected too as they wouldn't bother to treat the button as a potential detection and just clicked on the same spot or something.

All the above (and some more stuff) was 'solved' by my tool (in VB6 :p).

So my tool did (in a small nutshell):
- detect were the game window is (to get its coordinates)
- load the click maps. The different maps were just some big regions too choose from where to click*
- subclass one of the underlying windows.
start the loop:
  - click on a spot
  - start detecting a change.
  - As soon as a change is detected, wait a random of milliseconds and click on a random spot (also with hotspotting build in) on the 'try again' button.
  - start detecting a change.
  - if a change was not detected within 30 seconds it means the click on the 'try again' button wasn't successfull. But that means the button wasn't there, and that means we clicked on a winning pixel and a nice alarm is shown (at this point I could've programmed it to auto-filled in the form, but I cba, I never thought I would win anything with it anyways, which proofed to be true :p).
  - start the loop again.

Now, before each click, as well as on the map as on the button, the tool always waited a few milliseconds to a few seconds (a human can not click instantly, and sometimes we want to aim at a certain spot, etc).

But it also could wait longer. This depended on a random time between x and y seconds. Which again depended on the time spend clicking so far. The tool also paused from time to time. We can't click 8 hours in a row, we need breaks, to eat, go to the toilet, a sister who called us away, etc... The tool all did that.

All in all the tool extremely closely simulated human clicking behaviour I think. The only difference (and possible give-away) being the number of clicks. However, this too was well within the reach of a human.

Some people said you could see the difference between a human random clicked map and an auto-random clicked map. This isn't so... If a human clicks realy randomly it produces the same randomness as a robot in the end. And the more clicks done, the less you see any difference. Hotspotting will not occur! (I did plenty of tests with this), unless the human did not clicked in a random way (as many did, because they clicked on the objects in the game picture).

When you see the clicks done on a time scale and see where the clicks are, you could see a difference between a human and a simple random click robot. In that case a human will focus more on big regions (big hotspots), while a robot will click randomly all over the place. My tool made sure that the auto-clicking simulated this same 'hotspotting' over time.

In the end, it wasn't possible to see the difference between a click of this tool and a click of my own (I did clicked a lot myself too). And that is also why Patchou asks me if I cheated or not when I won the tshirt**. At that point I didnt used the tool, but since I had no means to proof it (except for the click-logs), it was my word against his analyzer tool which detected the spreading of the clicks, I think it was only fare to give away the tshirt also because I already had a nice prize from the first week.

* these included non-rectangular regions. The tool stayed in a particular region for a while (a random number between x and y clicks) while occasionally (also based upon random chances) clicking in another map. When a lot of clicks were done it switched to another random region. But this was again done in a random way. Sometimes it switched after only (lets say) 10 clicks, sometimes after spending (lets say) 30 minutes of clicking in that map.

** he also said to me the spreading of the clicks on the candle flames looked far more human. However, most of them were also done by the tool in the same fasion as the rest of the grid. Showing that seeing a difference between human clicks and clicks by the tool just by looking at the end result wasn't water-proof. And I am sure that if I hadn't let the tool click so much, he would never have seen anything wrong. :p

The tool was made after I won something else (by manual clicking on the grid of course) as an expirement to see how he would detect cheaters and to see how close I could make something simulating a human clicking (which was extremely close I think), and because it was a long while since I programmed anything in VB6 :p

This post was edited on 07-19-2008 at 08:14 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-13-2007 08:25 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Post your "click grid" for the contest - by Nathan on 07-08-2007 at 10:09 AM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by Menthix on 07-08-2007 at 10:14 AM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by Ezra on 07-08-2007 at 11:32 AM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by andrey on 07-08-2007 at 11:47 AM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by toddy on 07-08-2007 at 12:38 PM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by Kenji on 07-08-2007 at 02:09 PM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by prashker on 07-08-2007 at 03:19 PM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by *Saint* on 07-09-2007 at 01:22 AM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by Stigmata on 07-09-2007 at 01:31 AM
RE: RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by Rolando on 07-09-2007 at 01:51 AM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by Volv on 07-09-2007 at 03:09 AM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by Chris4 on 07-09-2007 at 03:43 AM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by felipEx on 07-09-2007 at 04:01 AM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by ShawnZ on 07-09-2007 at 04:09 AM
RE: RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by felipEx on 07-09-2007 at 04:12 AM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by NanaFreak on 07-09-2007 at 05:17 AM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by Felu on 07-09-2007 at 12:08 PM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by Eddie on 07-10-2007 at 02:41 AM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by Nefzen on 07-10-2007 at 05:23 PM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by Jimbo on 07-10-2007 at 07:35 PM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by Matti on 07-11-2007 at 07:04 AM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by Phillip on 07-11-2007 at 12:43 PM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by markee on 07-11-2007 at 02:48 PM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by Supersonicdarky on 07-11-2007 at 03:25 PM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by CookieRevised on 07-12-2007 at 12:20 AM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by Chrono on 07-12-2007 at 12:27 AM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by Nathan on 07-12-2007 at 12:30 AM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by joey on 07-12-2007 at 08:33 AM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by Matti on 07-12-2007 at 08:59 AM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by andrey on 07-12-2007 at 01:40 PM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by John Anderton on 07-12-2007 at 05:13 PM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by CookieRevised on 07-12-2007 at 10:59 PM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by riahc4 on 07-12-2007 at 11:43 PM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by andrey on 07-13-2007 at 12:54 AM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by markee on 07-13-2007 at 05:24 AM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by CookieRevised on 07-13-2007 at 08:25 AM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by joey on 07-13-2007 at 09:10 AM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by Menthix on 07-13-2007 at 09:57 AM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by CookieRevised on 07-13-2007 at 10:09 AM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by Nefzen on 07-13-2007 at 02:37 PM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by madwormer2 on 07-18-2007 at 03:29 PM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by joey on 07-18-2007 at 03:36 PM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by toddy on 07-18-2007 at 03:58 PM
RE: Post your "click grid" for the contest - by joey on 07-18-2007 at 03:59 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: