What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Beautification ?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Beautification ?
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Beautification ?
Snorrip3,

What you ask for isn't possible in Messenger Plus! Live because of the very same reasons which were given in your previous request about this: snorrip3's reply to [REQ] Group/contact popup notification on/off.

Scripts do not have access to change contact names (just as plugins didn't had proper access to it, as explained in that prervious thread).

quote:
Originally posted by pedro_cesar
You still have a tool to know who signed in lately. On your main msn window under "Plus" menu you have the "Event Viewer" which lists all the contact's activity since you signed in. And you can order it by "Event Type". I know this is not exactly what u want, but it will help you keep track of the sing ins/outs.
Indeed. The Event Viewer is even a more accurate way (can't be more accurate than that) to know who signed in, etc. With a method where names are temporary colored, you're bound to miss certain sign ins/outs (unless you constantly stare at your full contact list of course :p).

It also will be a bit of a hassle when you could color names like that, because names could already be colored on their own. And thus a contact might have the formatting that you use to indicate sign ins/outs. Also, there is the problem of bad use of tags; it wouldn't be the first time that I come across a nickname with bad formatting tags and thus adding your own tags to it, will result in an even bigger and not working mess...

But this said, I do like the original idea though...

This post was edited on 06-07-2007 at 09:43 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-07-2007 09:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
snorrip3

O.P. RE: Beautification ?
Messenger Plus! has some amazing features to it. some things get banged around so easily while appearingly simple things such as the (what i could easily do manually) is then impossible. And no like i said in the beginning this was just an idea to beautify msn alittlebit. and I wont do that with the event viewer. I dont like all of my contacts making a toast, but if my window is open its very easy to notice that something on the list just changed.. so then you pay alittlebit closed detail to it.. see a highlighted nick and go "huhh" and keep doing what you were doing.. then again for the real important people you'd have a voiceclip from them play instead and you'll know precicely who logged on. : ) But no worries, im not too obsessed about this feature.
06-07-2007 09:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
I can't seem to access the contact list by subclassing. I find the handle when it's created and try to send messages to it but won't work.

I know I have to find the child that the acctual listview.. but how?

Thanks
06-18-2007 02:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
I thought of another way to attack this problem.

How about resource hacking? Something along the lines of inserting another object into the contact list that we can access and mimic the real contact list?

Is this possible? Cookie?

Thanks
07-07-2007 11:12 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
No. I don't see how this would be of any help.

The contact list and other controls in Messenger are all windowless, meaning you wont be able to access them using a windows handle or using the useuall Windows APIs. Inserting an object wouldn't help in that.
07-08-2007 10:12 PM
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
Ok so that approach is out.

Two other ideas:

1 - Creating plus window over the contact list and manage that.

2 - The nickname is stored somewhere in system memory? How can I find that? Suppose it's somewhere and I can find it, can I change it or is this another dead end?

Thanks for all the help

This post was edited on 07-08-2007 at 10:29 PM by Deco.
07-08-2007 10:29 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
1) That is an extremely crappy, slow, process hogging and not a decently working method.

2) If you go to that trouble, it would be easier to just use the Accessebility APIs (or whatever) to get to the contactlist listview control, or other advanced method like Plus! does.

Bottem line: not possible unless you have the knowledge which Patchou also uses to color the names in the contactlist.
07-10-2007 12:04 AM
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
Maybe Patchou could shed some light :)

This post was edited on 07-10-2007 at 04:49 PM by Deco.
07-10-2007 01:51 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: