What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » An idea ... even tho its most probably impossible.

An idea ... even tho its most probably impossible.
Author: Message:
Ashylay

Intermediate Scripter

– / Male / –
O.P. An idea ... even tho its most probably impossible.
Alright well I know nothing about programming so I dont know wheter you can do this or not but Im guessing you cant.

Well on the side (left) of MSN you know like you have all them tabs well I was wondering instead of having a pop-up for chat convo's why not put the chat convo in a tab and use the tabs on the normal window which MsgPlus! Live adds in to navigate through the different convo's.

Even if it is impossible like the idea?
07-12-2007 04:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
RE: An idea ... even tho its most probably impossible.
It's not possible using a script but I'm sure Patchou could incorporate it into MsgPlus itself (somehow or another). If I understand what you want then there are a number of problems:
- How would you know which contact is in each tab when the tabs are so small? You could use tooltips but it's much more convenient with a clear indicator
- What if the user disables tabs from WLM's preferences?
- What if the user uses a patch to remove tabs (or does so manually)?
- How can you tell if new conversations have been opened if you have the Contact List minimised? You have to have the Contact List opened at all times
- You can't change tabs from within actual convo windows (you need to do it from the Contact List)
- It doesn't save any more space on the Windows taskbar as you still need 1 convo to be there, in fact it even requires you to have the Contact List opened as well which adds another window

For all the above reasons it seems like an inconvenience, I like the tab system the way that they are currently :D

This post was edited on 07-12-2007 at 04:27 PM by Volv.
07-12-2007 04:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
RE: An idea ... even tho its most probably impossible.
quote:
Originally posted by Volv
- How would you know which contact is in each tab when the tabs are so small? You could use tooltips but it's much more convenient with a clear indicator

Maybe display pictures
quote:

- What if the user disables tabs from WLM's preferences?

well that would be a known limitation but if the person wants tabs like that, then they probualy wouldn't have it disabled
quote:

- What if the user uses a patch to remove tabs (or does so manually)?

that may cause a problem, but what if patchou just added his own set of tabs, instead of just adding a couple tabs
quote:

- How can you tell if new conversations have been opened if you have the Contact List minimised? You have to have the Contact List opened at all times
well teh contact list would flash like chat windows do
quote:

- It doesn't save any more space on the Windows taskbar as you still need 1 convo to be there, in fact it even requires you to have the Contact List opened as well which adds another window

Might not be a space issue, more just convince

This post was edited on 07-12-2007 at 08:00 PM by NiteMare.
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6663 days, 1 hour, 10 minutes, 36 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
07-12-2007 08:00 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: