What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » for admin of plus

for admin of plus
Author: Message:
adriaq

44 / Male / –
O.P. for admin of plus
i need then o plus work whit the windows live mail desktop! this way will stay cool for let nick color whit code write in the plus!!
i m sorry my english isnīt very good!

Thanks
Adriano
02-13-2007 02:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: for admin of plus
Plus! is designed for Messenger, and I doubt support will be added for Mail Desktop any time soon.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
02-13-2007 05:06 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Basdub

What this means is that Windows Live Messenger email notification opens Windows Live Mail Desktop when clicked. Messenger Plus Live open Outlook!

The Last post therefore doesn't make any sens at all!!

Please allow Messenger Plus Live to open the same email software as Window Live Messenger!!!

Or is it already possible?
07-17-2007 05:37 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Basdub
What this means is that Windows Live Messenger email notification opens Windows Live Mail Desktop when clicked. Messenger Plus Live open Outlook!

The Last post therefore doesn't make any sens at all!!
it makes more sense than yours, to be honest...

If I read correctly I see the top poster saying something about colors and "colored nicks". Thus I don't see any relevance with this in regards to opening WLMD when you press the mail button in Windows Live Messenger or when you press the new mail toast. Therefore I think you misunderstood what the top poster was asking.

If I read correctly he asks for color support in WLMD for the contacts which have Plus! colors in their names. And as RacePROuk said, Plus! is only made for Windows Live Messenger, not for WLMD.

As such this is off topic, IMO:
quote:
Please allow Messenger Plus Live to open the same email software as Window Live Messenger!!!
What is opened when you press the new mail toast in Windows Live Messenger only depends on what kind of Windows Live ID (msn account) you are signed in with.

If it is an hotmail, msn, etc one then MSIE (or maybe WLMD if it is installed; can't test it) will be opened.

If it is not an hotmail, msn, etc one then there wont be any new mail toast in the first place.

Messenger Plus! has got nothing todo with all this (except if you set up an alternative POP3 mail account to be checked by Plus! itself. When you click on such a toast it will either also open your defailt email client or it will open the email client which you have set in the POP3 settings for that toast in the Plus! preferences).

This post was edited on 07-17-2007 at 07:42 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-17-2007 07:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Basdub

quote:
i need then o plus work whit the windows live mail desktop!

I guess i stopped reading before u did. :$

My apologies.

For Reference:

If you set other email account within PLUS! it will not automatically open the default email program u are using.

You need to specify it in the Email account itself. For WLMD you need to select C:\Program Files\window live mail desktop\wlmail.exe or something very similar.

07-17-2007 07:46 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
Messenger Plus! does not depend on the e-mail client what Windows Live Messenger opens when e-mail button or WLM's own email notification toast window are pressed. CookieRevised already said this in a different way.

But what Windows Live Messenger opens for emails depends on what you did on a Windows account. I must give an example from my case here because I can't clarify it without an example.

I created a new windows account and started using Windows Live Messenger normally, and e-mail button of WLM used to open hotmail in Internet Explorer. But when I manually opened Windows Live Mail Desktop and signed in with it, my email button on WLM started opening WLMD anymore. And now I can't open my hotmail address in Internet Explorer from the button in my WLM.

And Basdub, you are right, even if my Windows Live Mail (the name of the latest version of WLM desktop, [yes, update it Basdub  http://ideas.live.com]) is default Mail handler in my computer, if I didn't write any internet address or a program path of a email client on my computer, Messenger Plus! Live opens Windows Live Hotmail in Internet Explorer :S . Didn't really understand why? A bug? Maybe. However Messenger Plus! isn't notifying us for the Email client which she will open when her toast window is pressed in a tooltip in her External Email Wizard anyway. I mean, it is not displaying any tooltip which is saying "If no address or program is entered here, Messenger Plus! Live will open your default email handler."
07-18-2007 09:09 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: