What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » PSM disappearing upon sign-in

PSM disappearing upon sign-in
Author: Message:
fayte7523

O.P. PSM disappearing upon sign-in
I have a problem and I think it was before I installed Plus!

The problem is, whenever I sign in, my personal message would stay there.. Then after about a min, my personal message would disappear, it would only have something like -  -  left. Does anyone know the solution? Thx
07-19-2007 04:42 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Rolando
Veteran Member

Santasend

33 / Male / Flag
RE: PSM disappearing upon sign-in
quote:
Originally posted by Shondoit
It could also be you have this option enabled. It tells WLM not to store your Personal Message, so it dissapears everytime you log out
[Image: psmbc1.jpg]
English screenshot by Dazmatic

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
First things first :p

This issue has got little todo with Messenger Plus! though.

Messenger Plus! is not a replacement for Windows Messenger, MSN Messenger nor for Windows Live Messenger.

Messenger Plus! is an addon for Windows Messenger, MSN Messenger and/or Windows Live Messenger, and only adds some extra features (eg: custom sounds, some commands to use, etc), nothing more.

You still use, sign in and chat with Windows Messenger, MSN Messenger or Windows Live Messenger.

Therefore, this thread has been posted in the wrong subforum and should have been posted in the forum: "MSN/Windows Messenger".

Though, you don't need to repost it, I have requested to move this thread ;)

Anyways, as for the issue...

This might be because of several reasons. Without further and more details we can't give a proper solution (if there is one at all) and only suggest general things:

- It can be caused by server errors or a server lag. Lately there are problems with some messenger servers. Nothing much can be done, and you simply need to wait this out.

- It can be caused by a script or plugin you have installed. eg: Messenger Plus! Live (used together with Windows Live Messenger) is able to run scripts. Some script manipulate the personal message. So make sure you don't have any such scripts installed. If you have Messenger Plus! Live, you can check this by going to Plus! > Preferences > General > Scripts. Disable them.

This post was edited on 07-19-2007 at 05:22 AM by Rolando.
[Image: sigxmascopy.png]
07-19-2007 05:21 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
fayte7523

O.P. RE: PSM disappearing upon sign-in
I think it is indeed caused by server lag.. Because the PSM on some of my contacts were also doing the same thing.

Thanks!
07-19-2007 05:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: