What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Delayed write failed to network drive

Delayed write failed to network drive
Author: Message:
SOS

O.P. Delayed write failed to network drive
I recently installed Plus! Live and noticed that it often fails to write the chat logs. Windows pops up a bubble saying "Delayed write failed ... blabla ... data is lost ... blabla".

My log folder is on a network drive (mapped to a drive letter). Most of the time it works, but sometimes it fails like this. I am running Windows XP under VMWare.

I didn't find any posts here regarding this issue. Has anyone run into this before?

Everything else is saving to that network disk properly. I'm also using Messenger's own logs on the same drive and they save fine.
Hmm... perhaps the error message is in error - I checked the file a minute ago when I saw the error and I don't see any data missing. I'll keep watching it closely...
No, I've confirmed that the data is actually lost, unfortunately.

This post was edited on 07-20-2007 at 09:51 AM by SOS.
07-20-2007 09:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Delayed write failed to network drive
that's definitively an error on your network. The difference with Messenger logs is that Messenger Plsu! saves the log file very often (Messenger saves the log generally only when you close the chat window).
[Image: signature2.gif]
07-22-2007 05:03 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: