What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [Request] Format Tag Hiding

[Request] Format Tag Hiding
Author: Message:
Bramiel

O.P. [Request] Format Tag Hiding
Hello there, I've been looking for a script and am beginning to think that it has not been made, or is not possible.

A lot of my friends without Messenger Plus! complain to me about all of the colour tags in my name, but i enjoy having a colourful name. I can see where my friends are coming from, it is annoying looking through lines of gibberish and symbols just to find a few words.

I was wondering if there was a script, or one that could be made, that would display a separate screen name to people with or without Messenger Plus!

I wish thinking of something simple like:

Screen name for people without MSGPlus!: Bramiel

Screen name for people with MSGPlus!: [c=27]Bramiel[/c]

If someone thinks they would be able to make this, or if something similar is already floating about, then can you please help me :)

Thanks alot

Bramiel

This post was edited on 07-27-2007 at 10:32 PM by Bramiel.
07-27-2007 10:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: [Request] Format Tag Hiding
Not possible, however you can have a ChatOnly name but this will only display a specific name in the chat window. This is made possible by StuffPlug3.
07-27-2007 10:47 PM
Bramiel

O.P. RE: RE: [Request] Format Tag Hiding
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Not possible, however you can have a ChatOnly name but this will only display a specific name in the chat window. This is made possible by StuffPlug3.

Thank you for your speedy reply, but I'm afraid this isn't the kind of thing I'm looking for, do you know of any other WLM addons which may suit my needs?
07-27-2007 10:55 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
No as I said it isn't possible. There is no way to detect who has and who doesn't have Messenger Plus! Live. (Aside from /ping, however there are no addons which do what you are requesting).
07-27-2007 11:03 PM
Bramiel

O.P. RE: [Request] Format Tag Hiding
Rather then detecting who has MSGPlus! and who doesn't, would it be possible to just select which of my contacts, say, from a list, see one display name, and everyone who does not have their name ticked on the list receives the other one, or is this just too complicated for scripts to comprehend?
07-27-2007 11:07 PM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Bramiel
select which of my contacts, say, from a list, see one display name, and everyone who does not have their name ticked on the list receives the other one, or is this just too complicated for scripts to comprehend?

You can only have one nickname at a same moment.. Therefore changing it for a contact could work, but will affect all of the others..

The only thing you could do is a script which will count how many people have msgplus! (either you select or the script pings everyone) and then counts to see how many of plus ppl are online compared to the ones that do not, and then put the tags or not accordingly.. that way you please the most people possible..

07-27-2007 11:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Bramiel

O.P. RE: [Request] Format Tag Hiding
quote:
Originally posted by albert
You can only have one nickname at a same moment.. Therefore changing it for a contact could work, but will affect all of the others..

The only thing you could do is a script which will count how many people have msgplus! (either you select or the script pings everyone) and then counts to see how many of plus ppl are online compared to the ones that do not, and then put the tags or not accordingly.. that way you please the most people possible..

This looks like the most rational thing i can do at this current time. Perhaps sometime in the not too distant future what i am hoping to find will be created :D

Thank you for your help :)
07-27-2007 11:15 PM
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
Do what I do:

In my name I use: "Nickname - [c=4] Nickname [/c]"

This way people who don't have plus can see your name clearly and those that have plus can see the art in your nickname. Or put your name without formating codes in your PSM.. :)

Have fun!
07-27-2007 11:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: