What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Software Not Loaded...with a twist

Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
Software Not Loaded...with a twist
Author: Message:
BeLGaRaTh

56 / Male / Flag
RE: Software Not Loaded...with a twist
*bump*
08-16-2007 12:08 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Darken

49 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by BeLGaRaTh
*bump*
+1 :)
08-16-2007 02:46 AM
BeLGaRaTh

56 / Male / Flag
*bump*
08-25-2007 12:16 AM
BeLGaRaTh

56 / Male / Flag
*bump* - AGAIN!!!

someone please help, or give me a mail addres for patchou, the one given in the chat/irc channel was incorrect and I got a message back saying it was disabled permanently.

I have been trying for a long time in here and on the chat/irc with no help whatsoever :(
08-27-2007 09:44 PM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
Please do not bump your threads.  If somebody has an answer, they will answer, trust me, your thread is going to be scene even if its not the most recent.
08-27-2007 10:34 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
BeLGaRaTh

56 / Male / Flag
Thats the problem, no one is answering it, and I cannot contact patchou with the email address given in the irc/chat thing as it says its permanently disabled. I have been emailing support too for 2 months with no joy
08-27-2007 11:03 PM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

35 / Male / Flag
Try disabling NOD32 when Uninstalling/Reinstalling Messenger Plus!  Patchou is fully aware of the problem and i'm sure he is investigating, as you can tell by his post on the first page of the thread.  Again, if disabling NOD32 doesnt do the trick then I suggest you just wait for somebody to reply with another solution for you to try.  I'm sorry that it is taking a while but bumping the thread repeatedly is against the rules and it has been viewed enough to let me know that people are reading your thread and just dont have any answers for you yet.  Let us know if the NOD32 Disabling does the trick.
08-27-2007 11:12 PM
BeLGaRaTh

56 / Male / Flag
Where does Patchou mention NOD32? I mention it after his post so how he be fully aware of the problem?

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
It has to be one of the programs that run at the start-up. If you have some time, could you try disablign some (with msconfig for example) to find the culpirit? I'd like to know what software is causing problems so that I can reproduce the error.

That doesnt sound like being fully aware!

And as for disabling NOD32, complete load of tosh. I tried the suggestion. Disabled it, uninstalled MSN and Plus, rebooted, disabled NOD32 again and installed everything again, guess what exactly the same. Even uninstalling it does the same so I think that avenue is exhausted.

As I have already said, i have been trying to contact people for help for over 2mths and have gotten nowhere, and it gets a bit disheartening to know that I am trying my best to get help but seem to be getting ignored.

FYI I have disabled all programs at startup and get the same.

This post was edited on 08-28-2007 at 12:24 AM by BeLGaRaTh.
08-28-2007 12:24 AM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:

And as for disabling NOD32, complete load of tosh. I tried the suggestion. Disabled it, uninstalled MSN and Plus, rebooted, disabled NOD32 again and installed everything again, guess what exactly the same. Even uninstalling it does the same so I think that avenue is exhausted.

As I have already said, i have been trying to contact people for help for over 2mths and have gotten nowhere, and it gets a bit disheartening to know that I am trying my best to get help but seem to be getting ignored.

FYI I have disabled all programs at startup and get the same.

I've offered you a suggestion in an attempt to help, if it didnt work, i'm sorry, but theres no reason to be disrespectful.  The fact of the matter is no one knows your exact problem cause so its a little bit more difficult to help you resolve it.  Please follow the next troubleshooting steps:
  • Uninstall Messenger Plus! Live Completely and Ensure it is Uninstalled (check to make sure you have No Plus! Menu in the Windows of WLM, if you do, please report that and do not continue)
  • Uninstall Windows Live Messenger Completely
  • Reboot your computer
  • Download and Install THIS FILE.  DO NOT use any other file than a fresh copy above.
  • Download and Install THIS FILE.  DO NOT use any other file than a fresh copy above.
  • Report your results via this forum post.
08-28-2007 12:57 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Dane
Please follow the next troubleshooting steps
quote:
Disabled it, uninstalled MSN and Plus, rebooted, disabled NOD32 again and installed everything again, guess what exactly the same. Even uninstalling it does the same so I think that avenue is exhausted.
quote:
M+ version is 4.23.0.276 and Messenger is 8.1 (8.1.0178.00)
Already tried.

BeLGaRaTh: Are there any files left in the scripts folder (Plus! can leave files behind there after installing), check C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts, delete everything in there and try again.

This post was edited on 08-28-2007 at 11:24 AM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
08-28-2007 09:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: