What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Software Not Loaded...with a twist

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
Software Not Loaded...with a twist
Author: Message:
BeLGaRaTh

56 / Male / Flag
RE: Software Not Loaded...with a twist
Exact steps done ...

1. Downloaded the files that you said ...
2. Uninstalled Message Plus via the control panel
3. Deleted the folder "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live" which contained A Languages folder containing 17 ini files and an Uninstall.exe
4. To be sure emptied the recycle bin
5. Started MSN, there was no PLUS menu
6. Closed MSN
7. Uninstalled MSN (WLM) via the control panel
8. Deleted the folder "C:\Users\BeLGaRaTh\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MSN Messenger"
9. Emptied recycle bin
10. Rebooted PC
11. Quit NOD32 (shouldnt have to do this)
12. Disabled UAC (again shouldnt have to do this)
13. Installed MSN via the file linked to in your post
14. Chose none of the options, shortcuts, sign in assistant etc.
15. Closed MSN as it starts itself, left all options at default
16. Rebooted (just to make sure)
17. Quit NOD32
18. Installed Plus via the file linked to in your post (UAC already disabled) bypassed sponsor.
19. Messenger started itself, Plus menu there but says software not loaded.
20. Quit MSN
21. Rebooted
22. Enabled UAC (I dont like having that disabled, but have shown that its not that causing the fault)
23. Restarted MSN
24. Again Plus menu but shows software not loaded
25. Repeated all above and chose sponsor
26. Exactly the same occured, Plus menu but software not loaded.
27. Rebooted
28. Removed crapware installed by sponsor
29. Repeated install again leaving NOD32 and UAC enabled
30. Still the same

@MenthiX Unfortunately (Fortunately?) I delete the Plus folder as mentioned in my steps above so there is no folder to delete anything from :)

As I have mentioned before I have tried everything above and more with the same issues. Which is why I am at my wits end, and I meant no disrespect dane, but being told/asked again to do something I have already done previously is just annoying, hence posting exact steps of what I done now.

This post was edited on 08-28-2007 at 12:57 PM by BeLGaRaTh.
08-28-2007 12:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Kiz

Not so much a new member... :)

38 / Male / Flag
Huh?  RE: Software Not Loaded...with a twist
BeLGaRaTh, dude; I hear ya!

I'm having the same error of some sort.

My description of the error:
For about 3 months now, when I log in to my Windows user account Windows Live Messenger loads perfectly, however, Messenger Plus! Live doesn't load on the initial bootup.

My solution to that problem was to close WLM and load it again, this time MPL loaded succesfully. That solution worked fine up until this week.

For some reason now WLM loads but doesn't load MPL. I try my solution, but once I've closed WLM it will not load back up again. I wait for literally 30 minutes at a time, to no avail. I click the WLM icon again to load it to recieve an error message which crashes my computer. The error message goes along the line of "... scripts ...".

Take note, I haven't installed any scripts apart from the ones included in one of the new releases. My OS is Windows XP Media Center edition (2002, SP2). My computer is always kept up to date using programs like FileHippo update checker, this plus Windows Update Checker ensuring my WLM is up-to-date.

I recently cleared up my firewall list, removing old programs I didn't need. It's a possibility I may have removed an MPL program. If someone could provide the name of a file I need to allow, maybe this could solve the issue temporarily. I use Windows Live OneCare.

Many thanks in advance,

Kiz.
08-30-2007 05:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Kiz
If someone could provide the name of a file I need to allow, maybe this could solve the issue temporarily.
Plus! doesn't require any connection to the internet for it to load properly, so this problem being related to your firewall seems highly unlikely.

Maybe Patchou can post here explaining what the error message really means, and what to look for. Personally i'm out of ideas (if Kiz tried the same as BeLGaRaTh)
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
08-30-2007 06:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Kiz

38 / Male / Flag
Hey MenthiX,

Thanks for the quick response. I'll be sure to get the error message next time I quit the PC, obviously I can't screenshot the error as my comp crashes at this point.

I haven't tried the solution given to BeLGaRaTh, but I have nothing to lose, so I'll try it within the next 24 hours and re-post back here to let you know how it went.

Thanks again,

Kiz.
08-30-2007 08:37 PM
Kiz

38 / Male / Flag
Just one more thing...

If I were to uninstall MPL, would my chat logs/event logs still remain on my PC or will I have to cut them from their directory and store them elsewhere until I have reinstalled MPL?

Edit: Sorry, I've just realised I shouldn't have posted twice, I should have just edited my post like this! Geeze, you can tell I'm new to forums!!

This post was edited on 08-30-2007 at 11:16 PM by Kiz.
08-30-2007 11:15 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Kiz
If I were to uninstall MPL, would my chat logs/event logs still remain on my PC or will I have to cut them from their directory and store them elsewhere until I have reinstalled MPL?
The will remain in the same place, during un-installation you have an option to keep your settings and such, check that and you will be fine.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
08-30-2007 11:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
rachiiipoo

quote:
Originally posted by jhopper28
Seemingly out of the blue (i.e., I had not installed/uninstalled anything recently), MsgPlus stopped working, indicating "Software Not Loaded..." on the Plus! menu. I have tried all of the solutions in the forums (i.e., uninstalling/deleting/re-downloading/re-installing both WLM and MsgPlus with firewalls/antivirus disabled) to no avail. I have never had SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed.

Here's the twist: After installing MsgPlus, iTunes repeatedly comes to the foreground every few seconds (it's happened at least a dozen times in the time I've been typing this message--what a pain in the a$$!), as if some script is controlling it. Even if I close iTunes and re-open it, this keeps happening. However, if I close WLM or uninstall MsgPlus, the behavior stops.

I've REALLY tried everything suggested in the forums, short solutions, long solutions, etc., so please don't give me a bunch of links to other postings and ask me if I've uninstalled SmileyWhatever. This has been a problem for me for months with different versions of WLM and MsgPlus--I thought it had been solved with the latest versions, but then it happened again starting a few days ago. There's obviously a conflict between MsgPlus and something that a lot of us are running. I'll gladly be a "guinnea pig" and help someone who knows about the inner workings of MsgPlus debug the problem (I'm a software developer myself) if it will help. MsgPlus is a great program, and I really hate not having it. :( Please help, and let me know what I can do to help solve this problem!!

hey!!!! i got the same problem!!!! except the itunes thing didn't pop up, my msn just kept saying software not loaded, and nothing works
08-31-2007 08:08 AM
CerebroJD

I have this problem as well... I suspect that its a problem related the latest Windows Updates from Microsoft.  Can anyone else confirm that they updated prior to the problem?
09-01-2007 02:49 AM
BeLGaRaTh

56 / Male / Flag
Well I get automatic updates on Vista, so yes ...
09-01-2007 03:03 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Kiz

38 / Male / Flag
Ok, here goes...

Thus far I've removed MPL from my computer. Once I load up my computer WLM is there and works fine. Once I've re-installed MPL, it's a no show case again. It just wouldn't load up at all.

I'm sorry I haven't done anything more at the moment, I've been working yesterday, today and again tomorrow. I'm fairly tired at the mo'. Kick back time and rest, can't be stressin my self out trying to solve the error!

I'll be sure to give it my undivided attention come Monday. I'll keep all posted if I figure it out.

In regards to the previous post; I'm assuming it could have been after an update; Microsoft auto updates are on, but I doubt it could be that or every MPL user would be on here complaining about the same problem we have.

Fortunately for the MPL users, we (people with errors) are a minority so it should be a problem that should be easy to fix.

Until then, good luck!
09-01-2007 05:36 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: