What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Software Not Loaded...with a twist

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] Last »
Software Not Loaded...with a twist
Author: Message:
Kiz

Not so much a new member... :)

38 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Software Not Loaded...with a twist
quote:
Originally posted by a0369
I figured this out! Do any of you have WindowBlinds 6 installed? If so, please exclude WLM and Messenger Plus should work with WLM. I'm glad that I've finally figured this out.

I'm sorry? I'm not gettin you on the last sentence... What about Windows Blinds??

Yes, it's true, I did have Windows Blinds 5.0, recently upgraded to 6.0 on Oct 3rd (Release date).

I think you're on to something here. However, my issue seemed to resolve itself by me cleaning my system up using cleanup software, in this case; TuneUp Utilities 2007. It cleaned my registry much better than CCleaner had done in the past.

I re-installed 'MP!L' just to see if it had changed since I last de-installed it. Wal-ah. It works.

Sometimes 'MP!L' doesn't load up initially once I log in to windows so to get it working I close down WLM and load it back up. Once I've done this, MP!L is present. I'm content to keep doing this just as long as it's there!

Well, hope that helps. You have two options; Clean your registry and/or delete Windows Blinds??? (Not sure about deleting WB as I didn't understand the previous comment fully)

UPDATE - 12 Oct 2007

Peace and harmony has returned! My MP!L successfully loads everytime on startup aswell as me keeping Windows Blinds. I didn't have to delete anything or modify anything.

All I can suggest to people still struggling is CLEAN UP YOUR REGISTRY you messy people!!! No, seriously, give it a shot.

I really hope it works for you. And if it does, please rate me nicely!! :)

This post was edited on 10-12-2007 at 07:31 PM by Kiz.
10-05-2007 05:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
JamOnIt

RE: RE: RE: Software Not Loaded...with a twist
quote:
Originally posted by Kiz
quote:
I figured this out! Do any of you have WindowBlinds 6 installed? If so, please exclude WLM and Messenger Plus should work with WLM. I'm glad that I've finally figured this out.

Hi ya Kiz, well what can I say... THANKYOU!

Ive just seen your message and I am using windowblinds (vers 5), I used the manual prog override to stop it applying any effects to WLM and then re-installed messenger plus and hey presto it works!

Thankyou once again, I'd of never found this out on my own.

10-12-2007 10:24 PM
Kiz

Not so much a new member... :)

38 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: RE: Software Not Loaded...with a twist
quote:
Originally posted by JamOnIt
quote:
Originally posted by Kiz
quote:

Hi ya Kiz, well what can I say... THANKYOU!

Ive just seen your message and I am using windowblinds (vers 5), I used the manual prog override to stop it applying any effects to WLM and then re-installed messenger plus and hey presto it works!

Thankyou once again, I'd of never found this out on my own.

No worries, glad I could help! I know how annoying it was and even resorted to using another addon for WLM for several weeks.

Spread the MP!L love! (H)
10-12-2007 11:27 PM
Darken

49 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Software Not Loaded...with a twist
quote:

Bingo, thanks for the heads up.
10-13-2007 02:41 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: