What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Newbie Question, Please help =)

Newbie Question, Please help =)
Author: Message:
Sycrat

O.P. Newbie Question, Please help =)
Hey everyone, I'm a newbie to mp scripts but I think if i had a look around I'd get the hang of it, Anyways, I'm looking to make a script using the IPs of your contacts, could somebody please let me know if there's a way to say.. get the ip of each contact and put it next to their personal message or something.

Hope you's can help :).
Cheers

~Azzdawg@ZENDORA
08-05-2007 09:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Newbie Question, Please help =)
Hello and welcome to the forums!

It's possible to get the IP address of your contacts, but it requires you to have a direct connection with that contact, e.g. a file transfer or MSN Game. The IPGet script does just that. When a connection is established, the IP is stored.

However, it's not possible to modify the personal message of a contact that is displayed on your side. I doubt such feature would be implemented because it doesn't have any practical purpose.
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
08-05-2007 09:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Sycrat

O.P. RE: Newbie Question, Please help =)
Awesome thanks, What I wanted to do with it was make an alias for different IP addresses so that it says say "Sycrat's House" next to their name when someone is logged in from my IP or something like that, just sharing my idea, if theres a raw script or function anyone has made to get the IP and save it in a variable or whatever that would be awesome aswell :), also is there a way to get their IP without having a direct connection to them..?
08-05-2007 09:46 AM
Deco

41 / Male / Flag
No.

As Mattike said, check out the IPGET script. Try to understand it and how it works.. for that you might want to look at the scripting documentation. Then do a search on finding people's ip's..and read the whole thread.

Then you'll understand why you can't do what you want.

Have fun!
[Image: signature-user=31&back=4&clr=106,141,166&size=100.png]
08-05-2007 04:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
LifelesS

31 / Male / Flag
If you need help understanding something about the script, check my profile and add me on MSN, I'll be glad to help where I can :)
Best Regards,
Joćo Godinho
08-05-2007 07:51 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: