What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Dell PowerConnect 3448P Switch

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Dell PowerConnect 3448P Switch
Author: Message:
Adeptus

RE: Dell PowerConnect 3448P Switch
The DHCP address the switch received probably has a web-based management interface on it.  It should be much easier to use than the command line interface.  Just poke around and see what you can find.

Other than that, I would expect it to work with the default settings.
08-14-2007 02:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Dell PowerConnect 3448P Switch
It does have a web interface however the configuration isn't quite what I need. I can't seem to find a way of getting the switch to pass the dhcp requests although it should because a switch broadcasts requests.

I got it working. I deleted the startup-config file to force the unit to rerun the setup wizard (god I hate using these things). Ran through the configuration and it worked. The Nodes received an IP from the DHCP server. So I compared the running config to see how it was different and low and behold the switch requires that you use a VLAN and have it configured. Since VLAN 1 didn't have an IP when it was sending the requests out they were coming from 0.0.0.0 and had no way of getting back to the switch then to the PC.

Well its all configured now and we rack mount it tomorrow. Can't find the rack mounting screws.

This post was edited on 08-14-2007 at 06:03 PM by matty.
08-14-2007 03:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: