What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » login problems

login problems
Author: Message:
darthcaedus

O.P. login problems
I was successfully running MSN Messenger prior to formatting my computer.  After formatting my computer I could not login.  I found out that this was because the system date/time was wrong, so I fixed that and was then able to logon.  However, since I have fixed this, whenever I logon, any messages I send do not seem to be delivered and my friends don't seem to be able to see that I am online.

Can anybody help?
08-22-2007 09:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
RE: login problems
quote:
Originally posted by darthcaedus
I was successfully running MSN Messenger prior to formatting my computer.  After formatting my computer I could not login.  I found out that this was because the system date/time was wrong, so I fixed that and was then able to logon.  However, since I have fixed this, whenever I logon, any messages I send do not seem to be delivered and my friends don't seem to be able to see that I am online.

Can anybody help?

This could be internet connection related or the WLM servers could be having trouble again (if this is the case there's nothing you can do)

Are you using any firewalls? Check that WLM is allowed full network access. Also, if your using a router enable UPnP if it's supported, otherwise you'll have to manually set-up port forwarding. The ports that need forwarding are

code:
* TCP port 80 (the 'http' standard web port - if web browsing works this port is ok)
* TCP port 1863
* TCP port 6901 (possibly)
* TCP ports 6891 to 6900.
* UDP on ports 1503, 3389, 5004-65535

I had this problem when i got a new wireless router, as it had UPnP support ijust enabled that which fixed things.

~Salem(@)
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
08-25-2007 09:49 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: