What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Anyone want to work on a Messlabs plus script with me?

Anyone want to work on a Messlabs plus script with me?
Author: Message:
messlabs

O.P. Anyone want to work on a Messlabs plus script with me?
Hey

First, let me explain what Messlabs is - Messlabs is a small application that runs along side Windows Live messenger and monitors your details such as friendly name and display picture and synchronizes all changes with a central server, which you can then use to display that information in nice little images... ie..

[Image: delphi.png]

[Image: delphi.png]

Over the last week or so I have more or less completely recoded Messlabs.com to be more stable, secure and efficient, and I will soon start working on the Messlabs WLM Add-in soon and then publish the new Messlabs. The reason I have come here, is to see if anyone would like to work on an alternative MsgPlus script for communicating with the Messlabs service.. I think a script would be a lot better than an WLM add-in because scripts are able to bypass the limitations of the almost-useless WLM add-in API.

For example, the add-in api does not provide any means of loading add-ins on start up, and they actually have to be started manually every time you log in. Also, the add-in api does not provide access to the 'What im listening to' personal messages. The Add-in I have previously written [available at messlabs.com] actually uses a combination of the add-in api and the old school messenger api, and uses timers to catch updates to the personal message and friendly name.. this is not very efficient as you might imagine.

The Plus script framework is not plagued by such limitations, and for this reason I was hoping some nice scripter might like to help me with a plus script.

Thanks for reading

This post was edited on 08-25-2007 at 04:55 AM by messlabs.
08-25-2007 04:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
rob_botch

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Anyone want to work on a Messlabs plus script with me?
Perhaps not exactly what you want, but there is already a script (Status2FTP) which can upload such data to any FTP server. Perhaps MessLabs could decode that server-side?

Failing that, I would be happy to help!

Robert
08-25-2007 03:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
messlabs

O.P. RE: Anyone want to work on a Messlabs plus script with me?
One of your friendly users sent me a PM, apparently there are already 2 other scripts like the one I am proposing, and I have been given permission to borrow the source :P {giving all credit where due of course}

So after I've finished the latest WLM add-in i'll investigate further.

Thanks for your help.
08-26-2007 05:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: