What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Some conversations not SAVED!!!

Some conversations not SAVED!!!
Author: Message:
Gulliver_69

O.P. Some conversations not SAVED!!!
I've found a very strange bug:
I've noticed that ONLY FOR CERTAIN contacts MSGPLUSLive NOT SAVE the conversation LOG...
I've tried to delete and re-add the contact's address but without results. I've more than 100 contacts into my MSN and this bug appears only with 2-3 contacts. In the meantime, fortunately, the standard Conversation Log of MSN works correctly for these contacts.
What's happened?
:S
08-27-2007 08:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Some conversations not SAVED!!!
Could it be you once turned off chat logging for that contact or do not have chat logging on by default?

Check by going to Plus > Preferences > Conversations > Chat Logging..see if "Save all my chat logs by default" is checked then click on the "Filter" button to check up whether the default value for new or unknown contacts is set to "Enabled" and if there are no contacts with boxes unchecked.

This post was edited on 08-27-2007 at 09:34 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
08-27-2007 09:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Gulliver_69

O.P. RE: RE: Some conversations not SAVED!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Could it be you once turned off chat logging for that contact or do not have chat logging on by default?

Check by going to Plus > Preferences > Conversations > Chat Logging..see if "Save all my chat logs by default" is checked then click on the "Filter" button to check up whether the default value for new or unknown contacts is set to "Enabled" and if there are no contacts with boxes unchecked.

Yes, all the options are right configured... But when I click on the contact into the main MSN window with the right button and I go to the Plus' "Extra" option I see all the voices GREYED OUT.
I don't know why this happens only for some MSN contacts...
:@

This post was edited on 08-27-2007 at 09:54 PM by Gulliver_69.
08-27-2007 09:53 PM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
check that they don't have 2 emails listed, by going...right click on contact -> Edit Details

Those contacts more than likely have more that 1 email listed somewhere, so I suggest checking every single detail.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
08-27-2007 09:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Gulliver_69

quote:
Originally posted by MattyRid
check that they don't have 2 emails listed, by going...right click on contact -> Edit Details

Those contacts more than likely have more that 1 email listed somewhere, so I suggest checking every single detail.

Thanx, MattRid...
I've found a strange thing: some time ago I've added for the contact his Personal e-mail address that is different from his MSN address. Now I've deleted the other address from the Contact's Details and now Plus save the conversation.
Why?!? It's a bug of MSN?!?
:o)
08-27-2007 10:01 PM
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
It's a limitation of Messenger Plus! but if I remember rightly, there should be a workaround in the Next version of Messenger Plus!, but don't hold me to it I am after all going off memory.
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
08-28-2007 02:42 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
if the option is grayed out in the contact list for a contact (caused by setting up a different email in the contact card), you can still access the log of the contact from the Plus! menu in the chat window.
[Image: signature2.gif]
08-29-2007 09:22 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Gulliver_69

O.P. RE: Some conversations not SAVED!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
if the option is grayed out in the contact list for a contact (caused by setting up a different email in the contact card), you can still access the log of the contact from the Plus! menu in the chat window.

UP!
Any news about this little bug?!?
07-15-2008 03:54 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Gulliver_69
UP!
Yes, see Patchou's reply to Contact information issue (Note that this workaround is avaliable only for Messenger Plus! Live 4.50 and above). Also please bother to read the rest of the thread, you'll find another workaround that is discovered by me :) (This workaround is independent of Plus! version)

Also, to make something clear; that you can't click on the right-click menu item "Open Chat Log..." of a contact doesn't mean there is no chat log for that contact. Messenger Plus! always logs your chats for the contacts you choose but you may not access it through that menu due to this limitation. When you click on "Open Chat Log..." item for a contact who you haven't chat yet, then Plus! displays an alert saying "There is no log file for this contact or the file cannot be found."

This post was edited on 07-15-2008 at 09:19 PM by ahmetgns.
07-15-2008 04:55 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Gulliver_69

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
quote:
Originally posted by Gulliver_69
UP!
Yes, see Patchou's reply to Contact information issue (Note that this workaround is avaliable only for Messenger Plus! Live 4.50 and above). Also please bother to read the rest of the thread, you'll find another workaround that is discovered by me :) (This workaround is independent of Plus! version)

Also, to make something clear; that you can't click on the right-click menu item "Open Chat Log..." of a contact doesn't mean there is no chat log for that contact. Messenger Plus! always logs your chats for the contacts you choose but you may not access it through that menu due to this limitation. When you click on "Open Chat Log..." item for a contact who you haven't chat yet, then Plus! displays an alert saying "There is no log file for this contact or the file cannot be found."

I'll try your workaround: if it works, it's a great solution for this issue. :o)
Thank you. :bow:
07-16-2008 03:30 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: