What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Passport Credentials

Passport Credentials
Author: Message:
arye

O.P. Passport Credentials
Hey,

I have alot of people adding me to msn messenger with all sorts of different email names..like eg. yous@love.com etc. I know they created credentials from the passport site which can be used on msn messenger etc. I dont understand how they change their display names on msn messenger. I tried once to change my name and I couldnt. Let me know.
07-02-2006 01:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Passport Credentials
quote:
Originally posted by arye
Hey,

I have alot of people adding me to msn messenger with all sorts of different email names..like eg. yous@love.com etc. I know they created credentials from the passport site which can be used on msn messenger etc. I dont understand how they change their display names on msn messenger. I tried once to change my name and I couldnt. Let me know.
if your not using a hotmail or msn account for your MSN, then when you signed up, it sent a confirmation e-mail to your e-mail address, in order to change your display name, you have to click the link in that confirmation e-mail
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6669 days, 20 hours, 45 minutes, 35 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
07-02-2006 01:40 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
Go to Tools > Options > Personal and change my display name. If you cant do it there. I think youll need to activiate your account for passport accounts. This option can be found in File > Activate or something similar. And you can also change your name without doing this. That can be done using MP!L. Go in an conversation window and type "/nick <preffered nickname>". But ill suggest you to activate your account :cheesy:
07-02-2006 01:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
arye

O.P. RE: RE: Passport Credentials
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
quote:
Hey,

if your not using a hotmail or msn account for your MSN, then when you signed up, it sent a confirmation e-mail to your e-mail address, in order to change your display name, you have to click the link in that confirmation e-mail

Ok Thanks, I tried doing that. But I cant get into the email I created to click the link. When I signed up for a non msn /hotmail account...where will they send the link to verify the email address if I cant get into the email I created?...Or is there a way to get into the email account? Let me know...Thanks
07-02-2006 01:45 PM
Felu
Veteran Member

29 / Male / Flag
quote:
Ok Thanks, I tried doing that. But I cant get into the email I created to click the link. When I signed up for a non msn /hotmail account...where will they send the link to verify the email address if I cant get into the email I created?...Or is there a way to get into the email account? Let me know...Thanks
You need to sign in @ the place where for you@love.com inbox is. Youll get the confirmation mail there :).
07-02-2006 01:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
arye

O.P. RE: RE: Passport Credentials
quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
quote:
You need to sign in @ the place where for you@love.com inbox is. Youll get the confirmation mail there :).

Thanks...I get it! :D
07-02-2006 01:54 PM
babyface

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there .. i got the same problem here .. can sum plz help me out.
dont have an inbox ..  i clicked on the inbox icon and nuthin appears, can't verify my credential coz don't have an inbox,
or is there any way to get into the inbox , get the confirmation mail.. let me know.plz

Thanks in advance.........

This post was edited on 09-01-2007 at 05:53 PM by babyface.
09-01-2007 05:17 PM
Phillip

c11h15no2

34 / Male / Flag
Check where you usually receive emails from. Lets just say I want to use my email address that my isp gave me I would still have to use a program like Outlook express (I don't use outlook express ¬¬) to check my emails. I wont be able to click the mail icon to find my emails.
[Image: awd.png]
Drawn into the darkness here with your eyes on the prize at stake.
Faint hearts on an endless path letting go of the ones we break.
09-01-2007 06:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
babyface

is it possible to verify my account and recieve my confirmation ??
if i use (outlook express) which doesnt show any mails recieved !!
is it possible to use hotmail like any other WLM ID ..
with this new Pssport credentials they dont offer inbox with hotmail why ??
mine is  like something@else.com , not the typical @hotmail.com , so can sum1 help me .. without using (outlook express).
verify my account and get a inbox with hotmail. is it possible ??.
let me know..   

Thanks in advance.
09-02-2007 10:27 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: