What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Anyone interested in testing my script? My friends suck lol

Anyone interested in testing my script? My friends suck lol
Author: Message:
stu

Stu

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. Anyone interested in testing my script? My friends suck lol
So I've been working on a script for a while that started out to be just a really basic random song lyric to your personal message, but over time when I got bored and had an idea for it, I implemented more options. I've been on here a few times for help with different things, and I'd like to post it here to get feedback on. The few friends I have asked to take a look at it for me havent bothered, so I gave up asking anyone else and came on here, lol.

Anyways, theres no GUI or anything, I havent been bothered to make anything fancy like that, everything is done by the menu. Basically, I have added a whole bunch of lyrics internally into the script (Over 1000 of them), and also a static message that displays my website every so often, which can easily be changed. Also, theres an option to use an external file as well, could be more lyrics, or jokes, etc, and I have included a small sample file I just threw together which should work ok.

It would be awesome if anyone wanted to download it to try it out, and give me feedback or any questions you have, thanks :)

.plsc File Attachment: Jeremy's Random Song Lyric.plsc (54.23 KB)
This file has been downloaded 151 time(s).
09-12-2007 12:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Anyone interested in testing my script? My friends suck lol
Ok.. well it seems pretty good.

First problem I noticed was that I noticed a typo (litlte = little) and some grammar mistakes (like Im should be I'm). Not that important, but you should copy them all into Word and correct anything.

I think you should remove your website, that will put people off.

Also, as an example, I have a girlfriend and if she noticed that I have lyrics saying "I want to move away, away from you" (just an example), she's going to start thinking WTF if you know what I mean? :P So maybe categorize the lyrics (that may take a while 8-)).

The test mode is a pretty good idea.

Nice script (Y), but I don't know how many people would actually use it.. :P
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
09-12-2007 01:58 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
stu

Stu

38 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Anyone interested in testing my script? My friends suck lol
Thanks Chris4 :) I have imported to Word and done a spell check, actually probably not for the last 100 or so lyrics, but previous to that I have. As for the grammer mistakes, (Im, not, I'm), I have the script set to cut off lyrics longer then the PSM length limit of 129 (I think, off hand Im not positive), so the apostraphe just lengthens it, so sometimes I dont include it.. I have typed in all the lyrics myself, so sometimes I just get lazy as well..

Its just for my own use right now, I didnt plan on submitting it to the database or anything like that, if I did, I would take my website out, or have it user defined. I just want some feedback on it in general, and then maybe in the future if I make a GUI for it, I would submit it :)

As for the lyrics, and the one you quoted, not really sure what you are getting at, but recently my (ex)girlfriend and I just broke up, so a lot of them are a little under the weather, I guess you could say. Not sure if thats what you were getting at though.
09-12-2007 02:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Anyone interested in testing my script? My friends suck lol
quote:
Originally posted by stu
As for the lyrics, and the one you quoted, not really sure what you are getting at, but recently my (ex)girlfriend and I just broke up, so a lot of them are a little under the weather, I guess you could say. Not sure if thats what you were getting at though.
I was just using that as an example. Meh.. I don't know how to explain. If it says certain lyrics, people might think that's how your feeling, maybe, I don't know.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
09-12-2007 02:24 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: