What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » i want to know if there is in live messenger the contact information->personal notes?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
i want to know if there is in live messenger the contact information->personal notes?
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: i want to know if there is in live messenger the contact information->personal notes?
I'm sorry to say there is currently not automatic way of doing that. The only thing yo ucan do is reinstall Plus! 3, launch Windows Messenger (the old client that's coming with Windows), copy past the notes in a word editor and then, copy past them again in the new Messenger.

As it's not the first time we got a request for this, somebody with some time on this forum could maybe do a simple program that exports all the current notes from the registry to a text file. That could save a lot of time to people upgrading to Windows Live Messenger.

This post was edited on 03-10-2007 at 01:36 AM by Patchou.
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-10-2007 01:35 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
jonjon1

O.P. RE: i want to know if there is in live messenger the contact information->personal notes?
Thanks for the answer Patchou.
I'll try to do it in the hard way,
and copy past from all the contact list.
03-10-2007 09:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Eniac1

RE: i want to know if there is in live messenger the contact information->personal no
Today msn locked messenger 7.5. I was using it due the bug in personal notes of messenger Plus. My question is, is all my contacts data lost? I cannot enter using msn 7.5. In the registry the email is a hash. Please help!

This post was edited on 09-13-2007 at 10:08 PM by Eniac1.
09-13-2007 10:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: i want to know if there is in live messenger the contact information->personal notes?
Note: This is an old thread!

Cannot Sign into MSN 7.5? READ HERE!

and read some of the latest threads under MSN/Windows Live Messenger subforum

There, some methods were written to sign-in on 7.5. When you could signin again, copy paste all notes like Patchou said. Then signin Windows Live Messenger and again copy paste notes to Windows Live Messenger's contact windows. But you mustn't have uninstalled MP! v.3, because I think when MP! is uninstalled, all data which it keeps are deleted permanently.
09-14-2007 09:14 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: