What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Chat Logging Folders

Chat Logging Folders
Author: Message:
nx01rules

Infinite Diversity

37 / Male / –
O.P. Chat Logging Folders
Hey,
I'm just wondering, is there a way to actually stop messenger plus live from putting its log files into folders for either the date or email? I'm used to having just one folder, full of text files which each have a file name corresponding to the person's email it is logging. Is this possible to get back in messenger plus live? Because i don't want to settle for using these email/date folders to sort my chats..

I was looking at the registry settings but there's nothing in there that can really help. Anyone got any ideas?
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
09-15-2007 04:56 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
harri

RE: Chat Logging Folders
I ran into the exact same problem, as I also used to have all my logs in one folder. However, there is a way around it - select "Save by date" in the logging options and add a String registry key called LogsDateDirFormat under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\<your_msn_address_here>\Preferences

...and leave it EMPTY - normally this key would contain a date format pattern by which Plus would create the folders (for a more detailed explanation go to http://www.msgpluslive.net/help/registry ), but if it's empty, then there's no pattern and hence, no folders. Voilą! :)
09-18-2007 05:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: